Find a Blaby Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Blaby? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Blaby conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Blaby conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Blaby

I am purchasing a ground floor flat in Blaby. My property lawyer has never been on on the bank approved panel. Am I still permitted to use my Blaby conveyancing solicitor notwithstanding that they are not on the bank list of approved lawyers?

One must instruct a property lawyer to deal with the formalities if you need a loan to purchase your property. The lawyer will carry out all the appropriate legal checks on the property, make sure that you will be registered as proprietor and ensure that all the necessary mortgage documentation is dealt with. You could select a Blaby conveyancing practitioner of your choice. However, where the property lawyer selected is not a member of the mortgage company conveyancing panel supplemental fees will be incurred as separate legal representation will be need by the bank. Bank panel applications may be submitted, so where your conveyancer has not previously sought membership they can do so.

I am hoping to move into my new home in Blaby next Monday. My conveyancer now wants me to supply her with evidence of content and building insurance for the property as he says that he has to check this in his capacity as lawyer for the bank. What does the insurance need to cover?

All property lawyers on acting for lenders would need to check that the following risks are covered fire; lightning; aircraft; explosion; earthquake; storm; flood; escape of water or oil; riot; malicious damage; theft or attempted theft; falling trees and branches and aerials; subsidence; heave;landslip;collision;accidental damage to underground services;professional fees, demolition and site clearance costs; and public liability to anyone else. There are some other issues such as the level of excess that are set out in a lender’s Part 2 conditions. These obligations are not specific to conveyancing in Blaby.

When does exchange of contracts take place for residential conveyancing in Blaby and do I need to attend the lawyers office?

Where you are in close proximity to our conveyancing solicitors in Blaby you are welcome to come in to sign documents. However, the firms we recommend supply a countrywide conveyancing service and give as equally diligent and professional a job for you when dealing with you electronically. The signing of the sale agreement is not the critical part. Signing on the dotted line is necessary for the firm to address the formalities when the time is right, which is ordinarily shortly after signing. The procedure is nowadays normally dealt with by telephone and can be very rapid, although where a long "chain" is in the mix, since the process requires the relevant party's solicitor (not necessarily a conveyancing solicitor in Blaby)to be in the office at the appropriate time.

Will my solicitor be making enquiries concerning flooding as part of the conveyancing in Blaby.

Flooding is a growing risk for lawyers dealing with homes in Blaby. There are those who purchase a property in Blaby, fully aware that at some time, it may be flooded. However, aside from the physical damage, if a house is at risk of flooding, it may be difficult to get a mortgage, suitable building insurance, or dispose of the premises. There are steps that can be taken as part of the conveyancing process to forewarn the purchaser.

Conveyancers are not qualified to offer advice on flood risk, however there are a numerous checks that can be initiated by the purchaser or by their solicitors which will figure out the risks in Blaby. The conventional set of property information forms given to a purchaser’s lawyer (where the solicitors are adopting what is known as the Conveyancing Protocol) includes a standard inquiry of the seller to find out if the premises has suffered from flooding. In the event that the property has been flooded in past and is not notified by the seller, then a buyer could commence a claim for damages resulting from an inaccurate answer. A buyer’s solicitors should also conduct an environmental report. This should disclose whether there is a recorded flood risk. If so, more detailed inquiries should be made.

I am buying a new build house in Blaby benefiting from help to buy. The developers refused to budge the price so I negotiated £7000 of fixtures and fittings instead. The estate agent told me not reveal to my lawyer about the deal as it would affect my mortgage with Yorkshire Building Society. Should I keep quiet?.

All lenders require a Disclosure of Incentives Form from the developer of any new build, converted or renovated property, It is available online from the Lenders’ Handbook page on the CML website. CML form is completed and handed to the lender's surveyor when the inspection is done.

Lenders have different policies on incentives. Some accept none at all, cash or physical, while others will accept cash incentives up to 5%.

Hard to understand why the representative of a builder would be suggesting you withold information from a solicitor when all this will be clearly visible on forms the builder has to supply to its solicitor, the buyer's solicitor and the surveyor.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.