Find a Burry Port Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Burry Port? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Burry Port transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Burry Port conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Burry Port

My partner and I are hoping to purchase a property in Burry Port and have instructed a Burry Port conveyancing practice. Within the last couple of days our conveyancer has forwarded the sale agreement to be signed with a detailed report with the expectation that exchange is imminent. Aldermore have this afternoon contacted us to inform me that there is now an issue as our Burry Port conveyancer is not on their conveyancing panel. Please explain?

When purchasing a property with mortgage finance it is conventional for the purchasers' solicitors to also act for the mortgage company. In order to act for a bank or building society a law firm has to be on that lender's conveyancing panel. An application has to be made by the law firm to the lender to become a member of the lender's panel and there are increasingly strict criteria which the firm has to satisfy and indeed some lenders now require their panel members to be part of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Accreditation Scheme. Your solicitor should contact your mortgage company and see if they can apply for membership of their conveyancing panel, but if that is not viable they will instruct their own lawyers to represent them. You are not legally obliged to appoint a law firm on the bank's conveyancing panel as you are at liberty to use your preferred Burry Port lawyers, in which case it will likely add costs, and it may delay matters as you have another set of people involved.

I have recentlydiscovered that Arc property Solicitors have closed. They carried out my conveyancing in Burry Port for a purchase of a leasehold apartment 12 months ago. How can I check that my home is not still registered in the name of the previous owner?

The easiest method to see if the premises is registered to you, you can carry out a search of the land registry (£3.00). You can either do this yourself or ask a law firm to do this for you. If you are not registered you can seek help from one of a number of Burry Port conveyancing specialists.

Over the last few months I have been searching for a flat up to £235,500 and identified one round the corner in Burry Port I like with amenity areas and station nearby, however it's only got 51 years unexpired on the lease. I can't really find anything else in Burry Port suitable, so just wondered if I would be making a mistake purchasing a lease with such few years left?

Should you require a home loan the shortness of the lease may be a potential deal breaker. Discount the offer by the expected lease extension will cost if not already taken into account. If the current proprietor has owned the property for a minimum of 2 years you can ask them to commence the lease extension formalities and then assign it to you. An additional ninety years can be extended on to the current lease and have £0 ground rent by law. You should consult your conveyancing solicitor concerning this.

My partner has urged me to use his conveyancers in Burry Port. Do I take his recommendation?

Much as we are happy to recommend a Burry Port conveyancing lawyer the ideal way to select a conveyancing lawyer is to get guidance from friends or family who have experience in using the solicitor that you are are thinking of instructing.

I was told by my mortgage company that their approved solicitors work on no completion no charge basis for conveyancing in Burry Port. I had a purchase abort and now the lawyers want search fees! They are claiming that the fees are seperate!

Burry Port conveyancing search fees are disbursements not solicitors costs as these are payable to independent parties.

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations

Burry Port

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.