Find a Chorley and Eccleston Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Chorley and Eccleston? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Chorley and Eccleston conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Chorley and Eccleston conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Chorley and Eccleston

This question may be naive but I am unexperienced as a 1st time purchaser of a garden flat in Chorley and Eccleston. Do I collect the keys to the property on completion from my lawyer? If so, I will find a High Street conveyancing solicitor in Chorley and Eccleston?

On the day of completion you will not be required to go to the conveyancers office in Chorley and Eccleston. Conveyancing lawyers for you will arrange to send the purchase money to the vendor’s lawyers, and once they have received this, you should be invited to collect the keys from the Estate Agents and move into your new home. This tends to happen between 1 and 3pm.

About to purchase house in Chorley and Eccleston. I have received an online quote from a licenced conveyancer, which states: "There will be no charge for dealing with the Building Society if you are obtaining a mortgage". I take this to mean that there will be no additional fee if the solicitor is on the Lloyds conveyancing panel. I wanted to make sure it means there will be no additional fees for dealing with the mortgage.

They are simply saying that the cost for acting for the lender is included in the fee being quoted. It is worth you checking that the Chorley and Eccleston property lawyer is on the Lloyds conveyancing panel.

After what feels like an age I have had an offer on a flat in Chorley and Eccleston agreed to, the vendors do however have an associated purchase. The vendors have offered on on an apartment, however it’s not yet tied up, and are looking at other apartments booked. I have chosen a bricks and mortar conveyancing solicitor in Chorley and Eccleston. What should be my next step? At what stage should I apply for the mortgage with Kent Reliance?

It is normal to have apprehensions where there is a chain as you are unlikely to want to incur costs prematurely (home loan application is approx £1k, then survey, Chorley and Eccleston conveyancing search fees, etc). The first course of action is to ensure that your solicitor is on the Kent Reliance approved list. Concerning the subsequent stages this very much depends on the uniqueness of your transaction, desire for this property and on the state of the market. During a rising market some purchasers will apply for a home loan with Kent Reliance and pay for the valuation and only if it comes back ok would they pay their conveyancing practitioner to move forward with the conveyancing in Chorley and Eccleston.

A relative recommended that where I am purchasing in Chorley and Eccleston I should ask my conveyancer to perform a Neighbourhood, Planning and Local Amenity Search. What does it cover?

A search of this type is sometimes quoted for as part of the standard Chorley and Eccleston conveyancing searches. It is a large report of more than thirty pages, listing and detailing significant information about Chorley and Eccleston around the property and the people living there. It incorporates an Aerial Photograph, Planning Applications, Land Use, Mobile Phone Masts, Rights of Way, the Chorley and Eccleston Housing Market, Council Tax Banding, the demographics of People living in the area, the dominant type of Housing, the Average Property Price, Crime details, Chorley and Eccleston Education with plans and statistics, Local Amenities and other useful data concerning Chorley and Eccleston.

I moved into my apartment on 1 March and my personal details is not yet on the land registry website. Should I be concerned? My conveyancing solicitor in Chorley and Eccleston advises it should be registered inside ten days. Are transfers in Chorley and Eccleston particularly slow to register?

There is nothing unique when it comes to conveyancing in Chorley and Eccleston registration formalities. Rather than based on location, timeframes can vary depending on who lodges the application, whether it is in order and if the Land registry must send notices to any interested parties. Currently roughly three quarters of such applications are fully dealt with within 12 days but occasionally there can be longer delays. Historically registration takes place after the new owner has moved in to the property thus 'speed' is not usually primary concern yet where there is a degree of urgency associated with the registration then you or your solicitor can speak with the land registry and explain the circumstances.

In my capacity as executor for the estate of my grandfather I am disposing of a property in Swansea but live in Chorley and Eccleston. My conveyancer (approximately 250 miles from meneeds me to sign a stat dec ahead of the transaction finalising. Could you suggest a conveyancing solicitor in Chorley and Eccleston who can witness and place their company stamp on the document?

strictly speaking you should not be required to have the documents attested by a conveyancing solicitor. Normally any notary public or solicitor will do regardless of whether they are based in Chorley and Eccleston

I work for a reputable estate agency in Chorley and Eccleston where we see a number of flat sales derailed due to leases having less than 80 years remaining. I have been given conflicting advice from local Chorley and Eccleston conveyancing solicitors. Could you shed some light as to whether the seller of a flat can instigate the lease extension formalities for the purchaser on completion of the sale?

Provided that the seller has been the owner for at least 2 years it is possible, to serve a Section 42 notice to commence the lease extension process and assign the benefit of the notice to the purchaser. The benefit of this is that the proposed purchaser can avoid having to wait 2 years to extend their lease. Both sets of lawyers will agree to form of assignment. The assignment has to be done before, or simultaneously with completion of the sale.

Alternatively, it may be possible to agree the lease extension with the freeholder either before or after the sale. If you are informally negotiating there are no rules and so you cannot insist on the landlord agreeing to grant an extension or transferring the benefit of an agreement to the buyer.

Leasehold Conveyancing in Chorley and Eccleston - Sample of Queries before Purchasing

    How long is the Lease? Best to be warned if fixing the lift or some other major work is pending to be shared amongst the leaseholders and will materially increase the the service charges or necessitate a specific invoice. How many of the leaseholders are in arrears for their maintenance charge payments?

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.