Find a Clayhall Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Clayhall? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Clayhall conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Clayhall conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Clayhall

My mortgage broker requires my Clayhall solicitor’s panel member for the Nationwide conveyancing panel. Can you suggest how I discover this. I have called my local Clayhall branch but they don't know it.

The sensible thing to do is ask for this information from your Clayhall conveyancer . Most Clayhall conveyancing practices will keep a file or database of lender panel information which would include, if applicable, their conveyancing panel details for each mortgage company.

My fiance and I intend to purchase a 1 bedroom flat in Clayhall with a mortgage from Barnsley Building Society.We would like to retain our Clayhall conveyancing solicitor but Barnsley Building Society informed us she’s not listed on their "panel". we are left little option but to use a Barnsley Building Society panel firm or retain our preferred solicitor and fork out for one of their panel ones to represent them. This seems very unfair; Can we not simply insist that Barnsley Building Society use our lawyer?

No, not really. The mortgage issued to you contains various provisions, one of which will be that conveyancers must be on the Barnsley Building Society solicitor panel. Until recently, most lenders had large numbers of solicitors on their panels: a borrower could choose one for themselves, as long as it was on the lender's panel. The lender would then simply instruct the borrower's lawyers to act for the lender, too. You can use your lender's panel lawyers or you could borrow from another lender which does not restrict your choice. A further alternative is for your solicitors to apply to be on the conveyancing panel for Barnsley Building Society

Please help - my lawyer advises that lack of building regulations insurance is needed on my purchase. What is the typical level of cover needed for conveyancing in Clayhall?

The right level of lack of building regulations indemnity insurance should be dictated by who your lender. It would differ for example between Yorkshire Building Society and Skipton Building Society. Conveyancing solicitors as opposed to members of the public take out such policies.

I can not fathom if my mortgage offer obliges me to make sure the lease term for the flat is extended prior to the completion date. I have telephoned my Clayhall bank branch on numerous occasions and was told it does not impact the mortgage offer and they would lend. My Clayhall conveyancing solicitor - who is on the mortgage company conveyancing panel- telephoned and was told they refuse to lend in accordance with their published requirements. I simply don't know who is right.

Provided that the property lawyer is on the bank panel, she or he must comply with the Council of Mortgage Lenders’ Handbook specifications for the lender. Unless your lawyer obtains specific confirmation in writing that the mortgage company will go ahead, your lawyer has no choice but to refrain from exchanging contract and committing you to the purchase. We would suggest that you ask the mortgage company to contact your lawyer in writing confirming that they will accept the number of years remaining.

I am selling my flat. I had a double glazing fitted in July 2007, but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My purchaser’s mortgage company, Co-operative are being problematic. The Clayhall solicitor who is on the Co-operative conveyancing panel is recommending indemnity insurance as a solution but Co-operative are requiring a building regulation certificate. Why do Co-operative have a conveyancing panel if they don't accept advice from them?

It is probably the case that Co-operative have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why Co-operative may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing was correctly and safely installed. The indemnity insurance merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.

In my capacity as executor for the estate of my aunt I am disposing of a residence in Neath but reside in Clayhall. My solicitor (who is 250 miles from meneeds me to sign a stat dec prior to the transaction finalising. Could you suggest a conveyancing solicitor in Clayhall who can witness this legal document for me?

Technically speaking you are unlikely to be required to have the documents witnessed by a conveyancing solicitor. Ordinarily any notary public or solicitor will suffice regardless of whether they are Clayhall based

Would local authority permission be required to split a single dwelling into multiple flats in Clayhall? This has been done to a house adjacent to my home in Clayhall and was not aware of the conversion until it was done.

Planning permission is necessary for converting a single house in Clayhall into apartments but possibly not for reverting once again to single dwelling-house so, in answer to your query, yes,a it is needed.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.