Find a Crowland Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Crowland? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Crowland conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Crowland conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Crowland

I purchased a freehold premises in Crowland yet charged rent, why is this and what is this?

It’s unusual for properties in Crowland and has limited impact for conveyancing in Crowland but some freehold properties in England (particularly common in North West England) pay an annual sum known as a Chief Rent or a Rentcharge to a third party who has no other legal interest in the land.

Rentcharge payments are usually between £2.00 and £5.00 per year. Rentcharges have existed for many centuries, but the Rent Charge Act 1977 barred the creation of new rentcharges from 1977 onwards.

Previous rentcharges can now be extinguished by making a one off payment under the Act. Any rentcharges that are still in existence post 2037 is to be dispensed with completely.

Are the BSA planning on creating a online directory to to identify solicitors on the Norwich and Peterborough Building Society conveyancing panel for example in Crowland?

We have not been informed any intention on the part of the BSA to promote such a search facility.

four months have gone by since my purchase conveyancing in Crowland completed. I have checked the Land Registry site which shows that I paid £200,000 when infact I paid £180,000. Why the discrepancy?

The price paid figure is taken from the application to register the purchase. It is the figure included in the Transfer (the legal deed which transfers the property from one person to the other) and referred to as the 'consideration' or purchase price. You can report an error in the price paid figure using the LR online form. In most cases errors result from typos so at first glance the figure. Do report it so they can double check and advise.

I am using a search engine for the term conveyancing in Crowland it reveals numerous conveyancersin the area. With so much choice what is the best way to find the right conveyancing solicitor for the sale of my house?

The preferential way of seeking a suitable conveyancer is via personal recommendation, so ask friends and family who have acquired a property in Crowland or the reputable estate agent or financial adviser. Fees for conveyancing in Crowland vary, so it's sensible to request at least four costs illustrations from different property lawyers. Make sure that you know that the charges are guaranteed not to escalate.

I am an executor of my recently deceased mum’s Will, with a bungalow in Crowland which will be marketed. The bungalow is unregistered at the Land Registry and I'm told that many EAs will insist that it is in place before they'll proceed. What's the procedure for this?

In the situation that you have set out it seems advisable to seek to register in the names of the personal representative(s) as named in the probate and in their capacity as PRs. The Land Registry’s online guidance explains how to register for the first time and what is required re the deeds and forms. You would need to include and official copy of the probate as well and complete the form FR1 to refer to the PRs as the applicant.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.