Find a Lechlade Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Lechlade? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Lechlade home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Lechlade conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Lechlade

Having been referred to your web site we were going to use a conveyancing solicitor in Lechlade endorsed by you but have come across alternative quotes via the web look less pricey – why is this?

You can find numerous firms advertising alleged £99 conveyancing, but additionalcosts end up with the final fee mounting up beyond all recognition. In accordance with regulatory requirements fees outlined in terms of business should be fair and reasonable raised The law firms that we put forward for conveyancing in Lechlade clearly state all legal fees for the property you intend topurchase.

Would the conveyancing lawyers that you recommend perform right to buy conveyancing in Lechlade?

We do have plenty of conveyancing practitioners carrying out right to buy conveyancing work You should e-mail us to get a conveyancing quote.

My relative recommended that if I am purchasing in Lechlade I should ask my conveyancer to carry out a Neighbourhood, Planning and Local Amenity Search. What does it cover?

This is a search is occasionally quoted for as part of the standard Lechlade conveyancing searches. It is not a small document of more than thirty pages, listing and detailing important information about Lechlade around the property and the people living there. It incorporates an Aerial Photograph, Planning Applications, Land Use, Mobile Phone Masts, Rights of Way, the Lechlade Housing Market, Council Tax Banding, the type of People living in the area, the dominant type of Housing, the Average Property Price, Crime statistics, Local Education with plans and statistics, Local Amenities and other useful information about Lechlade.

My wife and I purchased a leasehold house in Lechlade. Conveyancing and Lloyds TSB Bank mortgage organised. A letter has just been received from someone claiming to own the freehold. It included a demand for arrears of ground rent dating back to 1996. The conveyancing practitioner in Lechlade who acted for me is not around. Do I pay?

First make enquiries of HMLR to make sure that the individual purporting to own the freehold is indeed the registered owner of the freehold reversion. There is no need to incur the fees of a Lechlade conveyancing practitioner to do this as you can do this on the Land Registry website for £3. Rest assured that in any event, even if this is the rightful freeholder, under the Limitation Act 1980 no more than 6 years of rent can be collected.

I purchased a split level flat in Lechlade, conveyancing formalities finalised in 2003. How much will my lease extension cost? Comparable flats in Lechlade with over 90 years remaining are worth £211,000. The average or mid-range amount of ground rent is £45 yearly. The lease comes to an end on 21st October 2089

With just 68 years remaining on your lease we estimate the price of your lease extension to range between £9,500 and £11,000 plus professional fees.

The suggested premium range that we have given is a general guide to costs for renewing a lease, but we cannot give you a more accurate figure without more comprehensive due diligence. Do not use this information in tribunal or court proceedings. There may be additional issues that need to be considered and clearly you want to be as accurate as possible in your negotiations. Neither should you move forward placing reliance on this information before seeking the advice of a professional.

I am an executor of my recently deceased parent's Will, with a house in Lechlade which is to be sold. The bungalow has never been registered at the Land Registry and I'm told that some estate agents will insist that it is done before they will proceed. What's the mechanism for this?

In the situation that you have set out it seems prudent to apply to register in the names of the personal representative(s) as named in the probate and in their capacity as PRs. HMLR’s online guidance explains how to register for the first time and what is required re the deeds and forms. You would need to include and certified copy of the probate as well and complete the form FR1 to refer to the PRs as the applicant.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.