Find a Nunhead Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Nunhead? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Nunhead conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Nunhead conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Nunhead

My apartment in Nunhead is up for sale and I have a buyer. Will my property lawyer need to be on the Yorkshire BS conveyancing panel in order to deal with paying off my mortgage?

Ordinarily, even if your lawyer is not on the Yorkshire BS conveyancing panel they can still act for you on your sale. It might be that the lender will not release the original deeds (if applicable and increasingly irrelevant) until after the mortgage is paid off. You should speak to your lawyer directly before you start the process though to ensure that there is no problem as lenders are changing their requirements fairly frequently currently.

I am the only recipient of my late grandmother’s estate and I have everything in my name now, including the house in Nunhead. The Nunhead property was put into my name in June. I plan to dispose of the property. I understand that there is a Mortgage Lenders six month 'rule', which means that my property ownership will be regarded the same way as though I had purchased the property in June. Do I have to wait 6 months to sell?

The Council of Mortgage Lenders’ handbook instructs solicitors to: "report to us immediately if the owner or registered proprietor has been registered for less than six months." By the strict wording you may be caught by that. Most lenders would take a practical view as this provision chiefly exists to pick up on subsales or the wholesaling and assigning of property.

Can you point me to a directory of Nottingham panel solicitors in Nunhead on the Council of Mortgage Lender’s Website?

Unfortunately not yet. There is no such tool on the Council of Mortgage Lenders or Building Society Association sites. Very few lenders make their panel listings viewable over the internet. If you are seeking to appoint a Nunhead conveyancing practitioner on the Nottingham please use our facility.

I am due to exchange contracts on my house. I had a double glazing fitted in March 2008, but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My buyer's mortgage company, Bank of Ireland are being difficult. The Nunhead solicitor who is on the Bank of Ireland conveyancing panel is happy to accept ‘lack of building regulation’ insurance but Bank of Ireland are requiring a building regulation certificate. Why do Bank of Ireland have a conveyancing panel if they don't accept advice from them?

It is probably the case that Bank of Ireland have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why Bank of Ireland may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing was correctly and safely installed. The indemnity insurance merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.

Despite weeks of looking the Title Certificate and documents to my property are lost. The solicitors who did the conveyancing in Nunhead 10 years ago have long since closed. What are my next steps?

As long as you have a registered title the details of your ownership will be retained by the Land Registry with a Title Number. It is easy to carry out a search at the Land Registry, identify your house and get up to date copies of the property title for a small fee. If the title is Leasehold then the Land Registry will in most cases retain a file copy of the Registered Lease and again, a copy can be obtained for a small fee.

As co-executor for the will of my grandmother I am disposing of a property in Cardiff but live in Nunhead. My lawyer (based 300 kilometers from merequires that I execute a statutory declaration before completion. Can you recommend a conveyancing solicitor in Nunhead who can witness this legal document for me?

strictly speaking you are not likely to need to have the documents witnessed by a conveyancing solicitor. Ordinarily or notary public or qualified solicitor will be fine regardless of whether they are Nunhead based

I am in the process of buying my 1st property in Nunhead. Conveyancing lawyer already instructed. The financial consultant advised that a survey is not necessary as the property is only fifteen years old.

You would be well advised to have a Home Buyer's Report. As the property was constructed more than a decade ago the property will not come with a warranty, so you don't want to take a risk. Where a property of this age shows no signs of problems a Home Buyer's report may be sufficient. The report should highlight any obvious issues and suggest further investigation if appropriate. Where there are any indications of material issues seek a full structural survey.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.