Find a Rise Park Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Rise Park? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Rise Park home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Rise Park conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Rise Park

We are about to complete buying a property in Rise Park but as a consequence of damage from some water damage at the property I have managed to agree compensation from the current proprietors in the sum of six thousand pounds by way of a reduction in the price. This was going to be addressed as part of amending the contract yet Virgin Money are not allowing this. Why were they approached?

The conveyancing practitioner being on a Virgin Money approved list is duty bound to inform Virgin Money of any variations to the purchase price. If you were to refuse your lawyer to report the reduction to Virgin Money then they would have to discontinue acting for you. In addition, Virgin Money and you would have to appoint a new solicitor for your conveyancing in Rise Park.

What does my ID and proof of funds have anything to do with my conveyancing in Rise Park? What am I being asked for?

Rise Park conveyancing solicitors and indeed property lawyers throughout the UK have a duty under Anti-terror and anti-money-laundering rules to verify the ID of any client in order to ensure that clients are who they say they are.

Conveyancing clients will need to supply two forms of certified identification; proof of identity (usually a Passport or Driving Licence) and proof of address (typically a Bank Statement no more than three months).

Proof of source of monies is also necessary in compliance with the money laundering statutes as lawyers have a duty to ensure that the funds you are using to purchase a property (whether it be the deposit for exchange or the total purchase monies where you are a cash purchaser) has come from legitimate source (such as employment savings) and is not the proceeds of illegitimate behaviour.

I used Action Conveyancing several years ago for my conveyancing in Rise Park. Now, I need the documents however the law firm has closed. What do I do?

You should contact the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) to help locate your conveyancing files. They can be contacted on please contact on 0870 606 2555. Alternatively, you should use their online form to make an enquiry. You will need to provide the SRA with as much information as possible to assist their search, including the name and address in Rise Park of the conveyancing firm of solicitors you previously retained, the name of conveyancing solicitor with whom you had dealings, and the date on which you last had dealings with the firm.

Due to the advice of my in-laws I had a survey completed on a house in Rise Park prior to instructing lawyers. I have been advised that there is a flying freehold overhang to the property. My surveyor advised that some banks tend refuse to issue a mortgage on such a house.

It depends who your proposed lender is. HSBC has different instructions for example to Halifax. Should you wish to telephone us we can look into this further via the relevant bank. If you lender is happy to lend one our lawyers can help as they are accustomed to dealing with flying freeholds in Rise Park. Conveyancing can be more complicated and therefore you should check with your conveyancing solicitor in Rise Park to see if the conveyancing costs will increase in light of this.

I am looking for a conveyancing practitioner in Rise Park for my sale. Is there any facility to review a solicitor's record with the profession’s regulator?

Anyone may search for published Solicitor Regulator Association (SRA) decisions resulting from inquisitions commenced on or after 1 January 2008. Go to Check a solicitor's record. For details about the period before 1 January 2008, or to check a solicitors record, phone 0870 606 2555, 08.00 - 18.00 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and 09.30 - 18.00 Tuesday. International callers, dial +44 (0)121 329 6800. The regulator may monitor telephone calls for training purposes.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.