Find a Old Colwyn Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Old Colwyn? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Old Colwyn transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Old Colwyn conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Old Colwyn

At what point can the exchange of contracts occur in sale conveyancing in Old Colwyn and am I required to be at the conveyancers branch?

Where you are local to our conveyancing solicitors in Old Colwyn you are invited in to sign the paperwork. However, the law practices we recommend supply a nationwide conveyancing service and give as equally comprehensive and professional a job for you when dealing with you by post or email. The signing of the contract is not when everything is set in stone. Signing on the dotted line simply enables the solicitor to address the formalities at the appropriate time, which will usually be very shortly after signing. The exchange process is nowadays normally dealt with by telephone and can be very rapid, although where an extended "chain" is in play, since the process requires the relevant party's solicitor (not necessarily a conveyancing solicitor in Old Colwyn)to be in the office at the appropriate time.

I used Wolstenholmes several years ago for my conveyancing in Old Colwyn. I now require my papers but the law firm is no longer operating. What do I do?

You should call the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) to help locate your conveyancing files. They can be contacted on please contact on 0870 606 2555. Alternatively, you should use their online form to make an enquiry. You will need to provide the SRA with as much information as possible to assist their search, including the name and address in Old Colwyn of the conveyancing firm of solicitors you previously hired, the name of conveyancing solicitor with whom you had dealings, and the date on which you last had dealings with the firm.

I've recently found out that there is a flying freehold element on a property I put an offer in a fortnight ago in what was supposed to be a straight forward, chain free conveyancing. Old Colwyn is where the house is located. Is there any advice you can give?

Flying freeholds in Old Colwyn are not the norm but are more likely to exist in relation to terraced houses. Even where you use a solicitor outside Old Colwyn you would need to get your solicitor to go through the deeds diligently. Your mortgage company may require your conveyancing solicitor to take out an indemnity policy. Some of the more diligent conveyancing solicitors in Old Colwyn may determine that this is not enough and that the deeds be re-written to give you the most up to date legal protection. If so, the next door neighbour also had to sign up to the revised deeds.It is possible that your lender will not accept the situation so the sooner you find out the better. You should also check with your insurance broker as to whether they will insure a flying freehold premises.

Are there any apps to assist me to locate a Old Colwyn solicitor on the Lloyds TSB Bank conveyancing panel? I have wheels and am prepared to travel upto 20kilometers to meet the conveyancer.

You can use the search on this website. Please choose the mortgage company and your location and you will see a number of Old Colwyn conveyancing lawyers based on proximity. We have detailed some Old Colwyn conveyancing firms towards the end of this page and you can call them to check if they are on the Lloyds TSB Bank approved list

I am using a search engine for the words cheap conveyancing in Old Colwyn it reveals numerous conveyancerslocally. With so much choice what is the best way to find the suitable conveyancing solicitor for me?

The ideal way of finding the right conveyancer is via personal testimonial, so ask colleagues and family who have bought a property in Old Colwyn or the reputable estate agent or mortgage broker. Charges for conveyancing in Old Colwyn differ, so it's a good idea to secure at least four estimates from different law firms. Dont forget to clarify that the charges are guaranteed not to rise.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.