Find a West Yorkshire Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in West Yorkshire? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your West Yorkshire conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised West Yorkshire conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in West Yorkshire

Last December we completed a house move in West Yorkshire. We have noticed several problems with the house which we believe were overlooked in the conveyancing searches. Is there anything we can do? What searches should? have been carried out for conveyancing in West Yorkshire?

It is not clear from the question as to the nature of the problems and if they are specific to conveyancing in West Yorkshire. Conveyancing searches and due diligence initiated during the buying process are designed to help avoid problems. As part of the process, a seller answers a form known as a Seller’s Property Information Form. If the information is incorrect, you may have a misrepresentation claim against the seller for any losses that you have suffered. The survey should have identified any problems with the structure of the property. Assuming a detailed survey was carried out and the issues were not identified, you may have a claim against the surveyor. However, if you did not have a full survey, you may be responsible for fixing any defects that have now been noted. We would always encourage buyers to take every possible step to ensure they are completely aware of the condition of a property before purchase regardless of whether they are buying in West Yorkshire.

We are expecting a mortgage offer soon. The bank mentioned the home loan came with free conveyancing. Is the implication that I have to appoint their panel lawyer as I would much rather appoint a West Yorkshire based conveyancing firm?

Do check but the the likelihood is that give you one of their panel conveyancers should you want the "fee-free" incentive. Call the mortgage company to explore if they allow a monetary alternative. Some mortgage companies have previously offered a £250 cashback as an alternative in which case you could put that amount towards your preferred conveyancing solicitor near West Yorkshire.

I am thinking of appointing a conveyancing solicitor in West Yorkshire for my home move. Can I check a firm’s record with the profession’s regulator?

You can review published Solicitor Regulator Association (SRA) determinations resulting from investigations started on or after Jan 2008. Go to Check a solicitor's record. For details about the period before 1 January 2008, or to check a firm's record, phone 0870 606 2555, 08.00 - 18.00 any week day save for Tuesday when lines open at 9.30am. For callers outside the UK, dial +44 (0)121 329 6800. The SRA may monitor call for training requirements.

Expecting to complete next month on a leasehold property in West Yorkshire. Conveyancing lawyers have said that they report fully next week. Are there areas in the report that I should be focusing on?

The report on title for your leasehold conveyancing in West Yorkshire should include some of the following:

    What you can do if a neighbour breaches a clause of their lease? Will you be prohibited or prevented from having pets in the property? The length of the lease term. You should receive guidance as what happens when the lease expires, and informed of the importance of not letting the lease term falling below eighty years You would want to be sent a copy of the lease
For a comprehensive list of information to be contained in your report on your leasehold property in West Yorkshire please ask your conveyancer in advance of your conveyancing in West Yorkshire.

West Yorkshire Leasehold Conveyancing - Sample of Questions you should ask before Purchasing

    Generally speaking the outlay for major works are not wrapped into the service charges, although a few managing agents in West Yorkshire require leaseholders to contribute towards a sinking fund created for the specific intention of building a fund for larger repairs or maintenance. Are any of leasehold owners in dispute over their service charge liability? How much is the maintenance charge and ground rent on the apartment?

I have selected a West Yorkshire conveyancing solicitor for our home move (first time buyers) and have noticed in the terms and conditions that they are not covered by the Financial Conduct Authority. Need I be concerned or is that standard with property lawyer?

We can't see why they should be. Most conveyancing practitioner don't lend money. They should be governed by the SRA, who set stringent obligations regulating amounts held on client account.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.