Find a Worthing Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Worthing? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Worthing conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Worthing conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Worthing

My wife and I are buying a 1 bedroom apartment in Worthing with a mortgage. We like our Worthing conveyancer, but the mortgage company advise she’s not on their "panel". We have to appoint one of the mortgage company panel conveyancing practices or retain our Worthing lawyer and pay for one of their panel ones to represent them. This feels very unfair; are we not able to insist that the lender use our Worthing conveyancer ?

No, not really. The mortgage offered to you is subject to its terms and conditions, one of which will be that lawyers will on the bank’s conveyancing panel. Until recently, most lenders had large numbers of law firms on their panels: a borrower could choose one for themselves, as long as it was on the lender's panel. The lender would then simply instruct the borrower's lawyers to act for the lender, too. You can use your lender's panel lawyers or you could borrow from another lender which does not restrict your choice. A further alternative is for your Worthing conveyancing solicitor to apply to be on the conveyancing panel.

I am helping my mother sell her property in Worthing. Does the solicitor order an energy assessment or it is for the seller to coordinate?

After the demise of HIPs, EPC’s became a mandatory part of selling a house. An EPC must be commissioned prior to the property being advertised. This is not as aspect of the sale process that conveyancers ordinarily organise. Where you are using a Worthing conveyancing solicitor they may be able to arrange energy assessments given their relationships with reputable local energy assessors

My lawyer has informed me that restrictive coveneant insurance is required on my purchase. What is the level of cover for Worthing conveyancing?

The right level of restrictive coveneant indemnity insurance depends on who your lender is. It would differ for example between Accord Mortgages Ltd and The Royal Bank of Scotland. Conveyancing lawyers as opposed to borrowers take out such insurances.

I am due to exchange contracts on my flat. I had a double glazing fitted in August 2010, but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My buyer's mortgage company, Nottingham are being problematic. The Worthing solicitor who is on the Nottingham conveyancing panel is happy to accept ‘lack of building regulation’ insurance but Nottingham are insisting on a building regulation certificate. Why do Nottingham have a conveyancing panel if they don't accept advice from them?

It is probably the case that Nottingham have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why Nottingham may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing was correctly and safely installed. The indemnity insurance merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.

I have been advised by three or four local selling agents in Worthing to locate a solicitor on your site. Is there a financial incentive for Estate Agents to offer your site over and above alternative conveyancing organisations?

We don’t give any financial incentive for sending work in our direction. We found it would be just too difficult a fee as a client could think, ‘How come the agent getting a kickback? Why am I not receiving any benefit too?’ So we decided to step away from that.

I am thinking of appointing a conveyancing solicitor in Worthing for my sale. Is it possible to see a solicitor's complaints history with the profession’s regulator?

You can see presented Solicitor Regulator Association (SRA) decisions arising from inquisitions from 2008 onwards. Visit Check a solicitor's record. To find records Pre 2008, or to check a firm's record, telephone 0870 606 2555, 08.00 - 18.00 any week day save for Tuesday when lines open at 9.30am. International callers, call +44 (0)121 329 6800. The SRA may recorded telephone calls for training purposes.

Can I determine who owns a property in Worthing?

Provided the premises is recorded at HM Land Registry, and you have requisite specifics of the location of the premises, you will be able to see details from the HM Land Registry of the registered proprietor for a a minimal charge.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.