Find a West Sussex Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in West Sussex? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your West Sussex conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised West Sussex conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in West Sussex

How do I identify leasehold conveyancing in West Sussex?

Option 1 is to ask relatives who they would recommend.

Option 2 is to use a comparison service on the web for conveyancing in West Sussex. Telephone a couple or more firms from the list and invite them to send you their conveyancing fees and discuss your needs with the solicitor who will handle the conveyancing prior tocommitting.

Third is to make use of our search tool to assist you in finding the right lawyers taking into account your own factors including location,speed, complications and who the proposed mortgage company is. Don't take the bait of ninety nine pound conveyancing in West Sussex

How do I investigate if the solicitor handling my conveyancing in West Sussex is on the bank’sapproved panel? I am looking to avoid the situation of having one lawyer for me and one for TSB thus spending £192.00 in further legal charges.

You should take advantage of the search tool on this web page. Pick the lender and type ‘West Sussex’ or your preferred area and you will be presented with numerous solicitors located in West Sussex or near you.

Have purchased a a semi-detached house in West Sussex , What is the estimated time for the Land Registry to register my ownership? My West Sussex conveyancing solicitor works at snail pace, so I want to be certain the land registry aspects are addressed.

As far as conveyancing in West Sussex registration is no quicker or slower than the rest of England and Wales. Rather than based on location, timeframes can adjust depending on the party submitting the application, whether it is in order and whether the Land registry must send notices to any 3rd parties. Currently in the region of three quarters of such applications are fully dealt with within two weeks but some can be subject to extensive hold-ups. Historically registration occurs after the buyer is living at the property therefore an expedited registration is not always primary concern but where there is a degree of urgency associated with the registration then you or your solicitor can speak with the land registry and explain the circumstances.

How does conveyancing in West Sussex differ for newly converted properties?

Most buyers of new build residence in West Sussex approach us having been asked by the builder to sign contracts and commit to the purchase even before the property is ready to move into. This is because house builders in West Sussex usually purchase the real estate, plan the estate and want to get the plots sold off as they are building the properties. Buyers, therefore, will have to exchange contracts without actually seeing the house they are buying. To reduce the chances of losing the property, buyers should instruct conveyancers as soon as the property is reserved and mortgage applications should be submitted quickly. Due to the fact that it could be several months and even years between exchange of contracts and completion, the mortgage offer may need to be extended. It would be wise to use a lawyer who specialises in new build conveyancing especially if they are accustomed to new build conveyancing in West Sussex or who has acted in the same development.

Taking into account that I will soon spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on 3 bedroom house in West Sussex I wish to have a conversation with the solicitor about mytransaction ahead of instructing the firm. Can this be arranged?

We could not agree more - it is our preference to talk to you we do not take any clients on without you liaising with the conveyancer who will be doing your property ownership legalities in West Sussex.There is no ‘factory style conveyancing’ - each client is an important individual, not a file reference. The law firms that we put you in touch with believe that the figure you are calculated and presented to you for residential conveyancing in West Sussex should be the amount on the final invoice that you are charged.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.