Find a Carbis Bay Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Carbis Bay? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Carbis Bay conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Carbis Bay conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Carbis Bay

Is it possible for conveyancing in Carbis Bay to be completed within two weeks?

Where you are under a tight deadline to exchange we would recommend that your solicitor is familiar with the location as they will benefit local relationships and know-how. It is possible that they could have handled otherhouses in the same neighbourhood. You would be best advised to use a Carbis Bay conveyancing solicitor. In addition, ensure that the lawyer is on the on the approved list for your mortgage company. It is estimated that just under twenty per cent of Carbis Bay conveyancing transactions are delayed or jeopardised after finding out that a purchaser’s conveyancer was not on their banks list of approved solicitors. In many cases this discovery resulted in the home move being delayed by almost three weeks. It is understood that this issue impacts in the region of one hundred thousand home sales annually. Most Carbis Bay conveyancing practices can not represent certain lenders so do check at the outset.

Is it necessary to pay for insurance to address the risk of chancel repairs when purchasing a house in Carbis Bay?

Unless a previous acquisition of the property took place post 12 October 2013 you may assume that conveyancing practitioners handling conveyancing in Carbis Bay to continue to suggest a chancel search and or chancel repair liability policy.

I'm purchasing my first flat in Carbis Bay with a loan from Godiva Mortgages Ltd. The builders refused to reduce the price so I negotiated 6k of extras instead. The estate agent advised me not to tell my conveyancer about the side-deal as it would jeopardize my mortgage with Godiva Mortgages Ltd. Is this normal?.

All lenders require a Disclosure of Incentives Form from the developer of any new build, converted or renovated property, It is available online from the Lenders’ Handbook page on the CML website. CML form is completed and handed to the lender's surveyor when the inspection is done.

Lenders have different policies on incentives. Some accept none at all, cash or physical, while others will accept cash incentives up to 5%.

Hard to understand why the representative of a builder would be suggesting you withold information from a solicitor when all this will be clearly visible on forms the builder has to supply to its solicitor, the buyer's solicitor and the surveyor.

I have been pointed in your direction by a number of property agents in Carbis Bay to select a conveyancer using your seach tool. Is there a financial incentive for Estate Agents to offer your services over and above alternative conveyancing organisations?

We refuse to offer any commission for directing people our way. We thought it would be too underhand a fee as a client could think, ‘Why is the agent getting a kickback? Why aren’t I receiving any benefit too?’ So we decided to step away from that.

I am purchasing a maisonette with all finances in place. My lawyer has been given with two separate forms of photographic identification, bank statement, numerous utility bills. Now he requires a copy from a probate lawyer stating that the money is legitimate and that it has come from inheritance and not dealing E's in Ibiza.

For some years now requires conveyancing solicitors as well as banks, building societies and other financial institutes to obtain satisfactory evidence of the identity of the client. This is because solicitors who deal with money and property on behalf of their clients can be used by criminals wishing to launder money. In order to comply with the law of money laundering, your Carbis Bay conveyancing lawyer will need to obtain evidence of your identity as as well as make sure that your funds are legitimate.

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations

St Ives
Carbis Bay

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.