Find a Chase Side Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Chase Side? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Chase Side conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Chase Side conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Chase Side

AssumingI were to acquire a straightforward housein Chase Side for cash and dispense with a survey and no conveyancing searches how much should I expect to to save on my conveyancing in Chase Side?

The only reduction in fees you would make on is the Chase Side conveyancing searches. The conveyancer still got to do everything else - money laundering, liaising with your vendors conveyancer, SDLT return, register the title etc. A marginal saving might be made by not needing to register a mortgage however it will not be meaningful.

Do I select a Licenced Conveyancer or Solicitor for conveyancing in Chase Side?

There are two types of lawyers who can do conveyancing in Chase Side namely CLC regulated conveyancers or solicitors. Both professionals administer the legal services that required to complete the sale or acquisition of property. They are both required to execute Chase Side conveyancing on similar quality and guidelines so you can be safe in the knowledge that your conveyancing will be professionally carried out and that the requisite steps should be suitably adhered to.

Forgive me if this question is silly but I am wet behind the ears as FTB of a ground floor flat in Chase Side. Do I pick up the keys to the premises on completion from my lawyer? If so, I will instruct a High Street conveyancing solicitor in Chase Side?

There is no need to visit the lawyers office on the day of completion. Conveyancing lawyers for you will arrange to send the purchase money to the owner’s conveyancers, and once they have received this, you will be able to pick up the keys from the selling Agents and start moving into the property. This tends to happen between 1 and 3pm.

We were going to get a AIP from Co-operative this week so we can work out what to offer on a property we like as otherwise we only have online calculators to go by (which aren't taking into account credit checks etc). Do Co-operative recommend any Chase Side solicitors on the Co-operative conveyancing panel, or is it better to go independently?

You will need to appoint Chase Side solicitors independently although you'll need to choose one on the Co-operative conveyancing panel. The solicitor represents both you and Co-operative through the process.

How does conveyancing in Chase Side differ for newly converted properties?

Most buyers of new build or newly converted property in Chase Side come to us having been asked by the seller to sign contracts and commit to the purchase even before the property is constructed. This is because builders in Chase Side usually purchase the site, plan the estate and want to get the plots sold off as they are building the properties. Buyers, therefore, will have to exchange contracts without actually seeing the house they are buying. To reduce the chances of losing the property, buyers should instruct property lawyers as soon as the property is reserved and mortgage applications should be submitted quickly. Due to the fact that it could be several months and even years between exchange of contracts and completion, the mortgage offer may need to be extended. It would be wise to use a lawyer who specialises in new build conveyancing especially if they are accustomed to new build conveyancing in Chase Side or who has acted in the same development.

Over the last few months I have been searching for a ground for flat up to £195,000 and identified one near me in Chase Side I like with a park and transport links in the vicinity, however it only has 51 years unexpired on the lease. There is not much else in Chase Side for this price, so just wondered if I would be making a mistake purchasing a short lease?

If you need a mortgage the shortness of the lease may be a potential deal breaker. Reduce the offer by the anticipated lease extension will cost if it has not already been discounted. If the current proprietor has owned the premises for at least twenty four months you can ask them to start the process of the extension and pass it to you. An additional ninety years can be extended on to the current lease term and have £0 ground rent by law. You should consult your conveyancing solicitor about this matter.

My wife and I are buying a studio flat in Chase Side. At the time of instructing our solicitor, they said that they were on all major UK lender panels. The mortgage broker emailed yesterday to say that they are not on the Aldermore approved list. If it turns out to be true, what should we do? Do we just pick a new lawyer that is on their approved list or should we cover the costs for separate representation, with Aldermore appointing their own approved conveyancing practitioner.

If you are acquiring a property with the assistance of a mortgage it is normal for the purchaser’s solicitors to also act for the mortgage company. In order to act for a bank or building society a property lawyer has to be on that lender's list of approved lawyers. An application has to be made by the lawyer to the lender to become a member of the lender's panel and there are increasingly strict criteria which the conveyancing practitioner has to satisfy. Some banks now require their panel members to be part of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme. Your conveyancer should call Aldermore to discover if they can apply for membership of their conveyancing panel, but if that is not viable they will instruct their own lawyers to represent them. You are not legally obliged to appoint a law firm on Aldermore's conveyancing panel and you may continue to use your own Chase Side solicitors, in which case it will likely add costs, and it will likely delay the transaction as you have another set of people involved.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.