Find a Chatteris Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Chatteris? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Chatteris transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Chatteris conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Chatteris

I was recommended to a solicitor who has quoted £1350 for freehold conveyancing in Chatteris. I am looking to sell a purpose built house for £250,000. This seems expensive. Is it in excess of the average fee for conveyancing in Chatteris?

The estimate does seem marginally overpriced. If you shop around you could trim some of the expense by say a hundred pounds. That being said, you mightlive to rue opting for an a cheaper solicitor. Don't forget to check the firm can represent your lender. You can make use of our comparison tool to find a Chatteris conveyancing company on the banks approved list of lawyers which can often include conveyancing solicitors in Chatteris.

What is the difference between a licensed conveyancer and conveyancing solicitor in Chatteris

There are many registered licenced Conveyancers in Chatteris and Solicitor practices in Chatteris offering conveyancing It is important to make clear that both are regulated professionals specialising in the legal work in the home buying process. They may both also handle other property legal work such as remortgage conveyancing, lease extensions and transfer of equity conveyancing.

I am assisting my mother sell her property in Chatteris. Does the conveyancer arrange an EPC or it is for the seller to see to?

Following the abolition of Home Information Packs, EPC’s was kept a compulsory component of selling a property. An energy performance certificate needs to be commissioned before the property is marketed. This is not a task that lawyers normally organise. If you are instructing a Chatteris conveyancing solicitor they may be able to arrange energy assessments due to their relationships with reputable Chatteris energy assessors

We were going to get a OIP from Barclays this week so we can work out what to offer on a property we like as otherwise we only have online calculators to go by (which aren't taking into account credit checks etc). Do Barclays recommend any Chatteris solicitors on the Barclays conveyancing panel, or is it better to find our own lawyer?

You will need to appoint Chatteris solicitors independently although you'll need to choose one on the Barclays conveyancing panel. The solicitor represents both you and Barclays through the process.

Should our lawyer be making enquiries concerning flooding as part of the conveyancing in Chatteris.

Flooding is a growing risk for solicitors carrying out conveyancing in Chatteris. There are those who purchase a property in Chatteris, fully expectant that at some time, it may be flooded. However, leaving to one side the physical destruction, if a house is at risk of flooding, it may be difficult to get a mortgage, suitable insurance cover, or dispose of the property. There are steps that can be taken as part of the conveyancing process to forewarn the purchaser.

Conveyancers are not qualified to give advice on flood risk, but there are a number of checks that may be carried out by the buyer or by their conveyancers which can give them a better understanding of the risks in Chatteris. The standard completed inquiry forms sent to a buyer’s conveyancer (where the Conveyancing Protocol is adopted) contains a standard question of the seller to discover if the premises has suffered from flooding. In the event that flooding has previously occurred and is not disclosed by the seller, then a buyer may issue a compensation claim stemming from an incorrect response. A purchaser’s conveyancers should also commission an environmental search. This should reveal whether there is any known flood risk. If so, additional inquiries should be initiated.

I am employed by a busy estate agency in Chatteris where we have experienced a number of leasehold sales put at risk due to leases having less than 80 years remaining. I have been given conflicting advice from local Chatteris conveyancing firms. Can you confirm whether the vendor of a flat can start the lease extension process for the purchaser on completion of the sale?

Provided that the seller has owned the lease for at least 2 years it is possible, to serve a Section 42 notice to commence the lease extension process and assign the benefit of the notice to the purchaser. This means that the proposed purchaser need not have to sit tight for 2 years for a lease extension. Both sets of lawyers will agree to form of assignment. The assignment has to be done before, or at the same time as completion of the sale.

An alternative approach is to extend the lease informally by agreement with the landlord either before or after the sale. If you are informally negotiating there are no rules and so you cannot insist on the landlord agreeing to grant an extension or transferring the benefit of an agreement to the buyer.

Chatteris Leasehold Conveyancing - A selection of Questions you should consider Prior to Purchasing

    This information is helpful as a) areas could result in problems for the building as the common areas may begin to deteriorate if maintenance remain unpaid b) if the tenants have an issue with the managing agents you will want to have all the details Does the lease include onerous restrictions?

Been on the hunt for a conveyancer for freehold sale conveyancing in Chatteris. We are selling, simple no mortgage to pay off, no hurry, no onward chain. Had an estimate from a solicitor for £800 excluding VAT which is a tad steep considering its so straightforward. Is it possible to find less expensive fees for conveyancing in Chatteris?

Considering it’s a sale only, £425 + VAT is likely to be about the cheapest for sale conveyancing in Chatteris.

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations


Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.