Find a Grahame Park Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Grahame Park? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Grahame Park conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Grahame Park conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Grahame Park

What does my ID and proof of funds have anything to do with my conveyancing in Grahame Park? What am I being asked for?

You are right in these requests have nothing to do with conveyancing in Grahame Park. Nowadays you can not proceed with any conveyancing deal if you have not providing evidence of your identity. This usually takes the form of a either your passport or driving licence as well as a utility bill. Remember if you are providing your driving licence as proof of identification it needs to be both the paper section and photo card part, one is not acceptable in the absence of the other.

Proof of the origin of funds is mandated under Money Laundering Regulations. Please do not be offended when when this is requested of you as your lawyer will need to have this information on file. Your Grahame Park conveyancing practitioner will require evidence of proof of funds before they are able to accept any monies from you into their client account and they will also ask additional queries regarding the origin of funds.

Various web forums that I have visited warn that are a common cause of delay in Grahame Park conveyancing transactions. Is this right?

The Council of Property Search Organisations (CoPSO) released conclusions of research by MoveWithUs that conveyancing searches do not feature within the common causes of delays during the legal transfer of property. Searches are not likely to feature in any holding up conveyancing in Grahame Park.

I used Stirling Law several years ago for my conveyancing in Grahame Park. Now, I need my documents however cannot find the solicitor. What do I do?

You should contact the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) to assist in tracking down your conveyancing files. They can be contacted on please contact on 0870 606 2555. Alternatively, you should use their online form to make an enquiry. You will need to provide the SRA with as much information as possible to assist their search, including the name and address in Grahame Park of the conveyancing firm of solicitors you previously used, the name of conveyancing solicitor with whom you had dealings, and the date on which you last had dealings with the firm.

I'm buying a new build house in Grahame Park with a loan from Barclays . The builders would not reduce the amount so I negotiated £7000 of fixtures and fittings instead. The house builders rep advised me not reveal to my conveyancer about this extras as it will affect my mortgage with Barclays . Do I keep my lawyer in the dark?.

All lenders require a Disclosure of Incentives Form from the developer of any new build, converted or renovated property, It is available online from the Lenders’ Handbook page on the CML website. CML form is completed and handed to the lender's surveyor when the inspection is done.

Lenders have different policies on incentives. Some accept none at all, cash or physical, while others will accept cash incentives up to 5%.

Hard to understand why the representative of a builder would be suggesting you withold information from a solicitor when all this will be clearly visible on forms the builder has to supply to its solicitor, the buyer's solicitor and the surveyor.

The conveyancing solicitors conducting our conveyancing in Grahame Park has sent papers to review that show the land is unregistered with epitome documents. Surely all property in Grahame Park should be registered?

Over ninety percent of property in Grahame Park is registered. An 'epitome' is basically a dossier of photocopies of documents affecting an unregistered title. Many Grahame Park conveyancing practitioners will be familiar with such matters but if any uncertainty prevails the standard guidance nowadays is for the seller’s conveyancer to register it first and then sell - this this chain of events will result in a significant delay.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.