Find a London Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in London? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your London conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised London conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in London

We are about to sign contracts for a garden flat in London. We have hit a problem. The loan offer with Halifax runs out on 7/8/2019 but the owners are suggesting a completion date of 9/8/2019. Can one prolong the loan offer?

The person best placed to deal with your question is your lawyer who is in a position to assess whether he or she is better off negotiating with the lender, owner’s solicitors, selling agents or indeed all three given what has gone on in your conveyancing as of today.

Can I use your services to recommend a Conveyancing solicitor in London even if I’m not buying or disposing of a house, for example if I wish to acquire a shop in London with a loan from Yorkshire Building Society?

Our search tool is primarily used to find domestic conveyancing solicitors in London but we have set out at the bottom of this page some London commercial conveyancing firms. You will need to enquire with the firm directly to establish if they can also act for Yorkshire Building Society

I am helping my niece sell her house in London. Will the solicitor commission an EPC or should I organise this?

After the demise of HIPs, EPC’s remained a mandatory element of moving property. An energy performance certificate should be commissioned in advance of the property being advertised. This is not a task that solicitors ordinarily arrange. If you are instructing a London conveyancing lawyer they might be able to arrange EPC’s due to their relationships with reputable local providers

This question may be naive but I am new to the process as FTB of a garden flat in London. Do I receive the keys to the premises on the completion date from my lawyer? If this is the case, I will instruct a High Street conveyancing solicitor in London?

There is no need to visit the lawyers office on the day of completion. Conveyancing lawyers for you will transfer the completion advance to the owner’s lawyers, and once they have received this, you will be invited to collect the keys from the selling Agents and start moving into the property. This tends to happen early afternoon.

Is there a list of Santander panel solicitors in London on the Council of Mortgage Lender’s Website?

No. There is no such tool on the Council of Mortgage Lenders or Building Society Association websites. Very few mortgage companies make their panel listings visible on the web. If you are looking for a London conveyancing practitioner on the Santander please make the most of our tool.

Yesterday I discovered that there is a flying freehold issue on a property I put an offer in a fortnight ago in what was supposed to be a straight forward, chain free conveyancing. London is where the house is located. What do you suggest?

Flying freeholds in London are unusual but are more likely to exist in relation to terraced houses. Even where you use a solicitor outside London you would need to get your solicitor to go through the deeds thoroughly. Your lender may require your conveyancing solicitor to take out an indemnity policy. Some of the more diligent conveyancing solicitors in London may determine that this is not enough and that the deeds be re-written to give you the most up to date legal protection. If so, the next door neighbour also had to sign up to the revised deeds.It is possible that your lender will not accept the situation so the sooner you find out the better. You should also check with your insurance broker as to whether they will insure a flying freehold premises.

I need to appoint a conveyancing solicitor for freehold conveyancing in London. I happened to land on a web site which appears to be the perfect answer If there is a chance to get all formalities done via web that would be preferable. Do I need to be wary? What are the potential pitfalls?

As usual with these online conveyancers you need to read ALL the small print - did you notice the extra charge for dealing with the mortgage?

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.