Find a Moreton Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Moreton? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Moreton transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Moreton conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Moreton

I am acquiring a house mortgage free in Moreton. I have lived for the last twelve years in Moreton. Conveyancing searches are expensive. As I have knowledge of the area and road intimately should I not bother getting the solicitor to do all the conveyancing searches?

Provided that you do not need a mortgage, then almost all of the Moreton conveyancing searches are non-obligatory. Your conveyancer will try and steer you, perhaps strongly, that you should have searches completed, but she is duty bound to take that path of advice. Do consider; if you are going to dispose of the house one day, it could be of importance to your prospective purchaser what the searches contain. There are plenty of instances where houses with day to day issues can still reveal unexpected search results. A good conveyancing solicitor in Moreton should provide you some practical advice in this regard.

It is a dozen years since I purchased my property in Moreton. Conveyancing solicitors have recently been retained on the sale but I can't locate my title deeds. Will this cause complications?

You need not be too concerned. First there is a possibility that the deeds will be with the lender or they may be archived with the conveyancers who acted in your purchase. Secondly in all probability the title will be recorded at the land registry and you will be able to prove you are the registered owner by your conveyancing lawyers procuring current official copies of the land registers. The vast majority of conveyancing in Moreton relates to registered property but in the rare situation where your property is unregistered it is more problematic but is not insurmountable.

My uncle passed away 10 months ago and as sole heir and executor I was left the property in Moreton. The house had a small mortgage left on it of around £8000. I want to have the title changed into my name whilst I re-mortgage to Kent Reliance, pay off the mortgage. Is this possible?

Where you plan to refinance then Kent Reliance will insist on your using a conveyancer on the Kent Reliance conveyancing panel. Here is link to the Land Registry online guidance around what to do when a property owner dies. This will help you to understand the registration process behind changing the details re the registered title. in your case it would appear that you are effectively purchasing the property from the estate. Your Kent Reliance conveyancing panel solicitor pays the new mortgage money into the estate, the estate pays off the old mortgage, the charge is released and you become the owner and the Kent Reliance mortgage is registered as a charge at the Land Registry.

I am assisting my mother sell her flat in Moreton. Does the conveyancer commission an energy performance certificate or it is for the owner to coordinate?

Following the abolition of Home Information Packs, EPC’s was kept a required component of selling a property. An energy performance certificate must be to hand in advance of the property being advertised. This is not as aspect of the sale process that law firms ordinarily organise. Where you are using a Moreton conveyancing solicitor they may help arrange EPC’s given their contacts with long established Moreton providers

A colleague informed me that in purchasing a property in Moreton there may be a number of restrictions prohibiting external changes to a property. Is this right?

We are aware of a number of properties in Moreton which have some sort of restriction or requirement of consent to perform external variations. Part of the conveyancing in Moreton should determine what restrictions are applicable and advising you as part of a ROT that should be sent to you.

I happen to be the only beneficiary of my late mum's will and I have everything in my name alone, including the house in Moreton. Conveyancing formalities meant that the Land Registry date was in November. I plan to dispose of the house. I understand that there is a Mortgage Lenders six month 'rule', meaning my proprietorship may be regarded the same way as though I had purchased the house in November. Will no one buy the property for half a year?

The CML handbook mandates conveyancers to: "report to us immediately if the owner or registered proprietor has been registered for less than six months." By the strict wording you could be caught by that. How practical a view banks take of it, depend on the lender as this obligation is principally there to pick up on the purchase and immediately sell or the quick reselling of properties.

Over the last few months I have been searching for a flat up to £195,000 and found one round the corner in Moreton I like with amenity areas and railway links nearby, the downside is that it's only got 51 years on the lease. I can't really find anything else in Moreton suitable, so just wondered if I would be making a grave error purchasing a short lease?

If you require a home loan the shortness of the lease will likely be a potential deal breaker. Reduce the offer by the anticipated lease extension will cost if it has not already been discounted. If the existing owner has owned the premises for at least 2 years you could ask them to start the process of the extension and pass it to you. You can add 90 years to the current lease with a zero ground rent applied. You should consult your conveyancing lawyer about this matter.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.