Find a North London Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in North London? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your North London home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised North London conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in North London

How do I search for the right solicitor to provide a 1st class service for my conveyancing in North London?

Option 1 is to ask connections who they would recommend.

Second, search the web for conveyancing in North London. Ring two or three listed and invite them to send you their conveyancing charges and have a conversation with the lawyer who will handle the conveyancing prior tomaking your decision.

Third is to make use of our search tool to assist you in finding the right solicitors taking into account your own expectations including location,deadlines, complications and who the proposed lender is. Do not be fooled by £100 conveyancing in North London

The North London conveyancing firm handling our North London conveyancing has discovered a difference when comparing the information in the home valuation survey and what is in the title deeds. My solicitor has advised that he is duty bound to check that the bank is happy with this discrepancy and is content to go ahead. Is my lawyer’s approach right?

Your lawyer must comply with the UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook requirements which do require that your lawyer disclose any incorrect assumptions in the lender’s valuation report and the legal papers. Should you refuse to allow your lawyer to make the appropriate notification then your lawyer will have no choice but to discontinue acting for you.

A friend pointed out to me me that in buying a property in North London there may be various restrictions affecting the ability to carry out external changes to a property. Is this right?

There are anumerous of properties in North London which have some sort of restriction or requirement of consent to perform external variations. Part of the conveyancing in North London should determine what restrictions are applicable and advising you as part of a ROT that should be sent to you.

Completion of my remortgage has taken place for my property in North London. Conveyancing was satisfactory but I feel I should register my dissatisfaction about the lender. Who do I contact should I wish to lodge a complaint?

Most banks and building societies have complaints procedures. Your first port of call should be one of the lender’s branches or the Customer Services Department at head office. Ordinarily complaints to a lender are resolved very quickly. However if you are not satisfied that the matter is not resolved you can write to Financial Ombudsman Service with full details of your complaint.

I am due to exchange contracts on my apartment. I had a double glazing fitted in August 2007, but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My purchaser’s mortgage company, Co-operative are being problematic. The North London solicitor who is on the Co-operative conveyancing panel is saying indemnity insurance will be fine but Co-operative are insisting on a building regulation certificate. Why do Co-operative have a conveyancing panel if they don't accept advice from them?

It is probably the case that Co-operative have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why Co-operative may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing was correctly and safely installed. The indemnity insurance merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.

How easy is it to use your search tool to locate a conveyancing practitioner in North London on the authorised to act for my bank?

Step one is to select a mortgage company such as Halifax, Norwich and Peterborough Building Society or TSB then type in your location for example North London. Conveyancing firms in North London and further afield will then be shown.

I am thinking of appointing a conveyancing practitioner in North London for my home move. Is it possible to see a solicitor's complaints history with the profession’s regulator?

You may read presented Solicitor Regulator Association (SRA) determinations resulting from investigations from 2008 onwards. Visit Check a solicitor's record. To find records Pre 2008, or to check a solicitors history, ring 0870 606 2555, 08.00 - 18.00 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and 09.30 - 18.00 Tuesday. For callers outside the UK, use +44 (0)121 329 6800. The regulator could monitor call for training reasons.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.