Find a Turnham Green Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Turnham Green? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Turnham Green transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Turnham Green conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Turnham Green

I just bought a flat at auction in Turnham Green. Conveyancing is necessary. What happens now?

Given that you are now exchanged you must appoint a conveyancing solicitor quickly as you are faced with a fast approaching a drop dead date to complete the deal. An auction property should have a bespoke legal pack. This will likely include evidence of title and search results. Where you are dealing with leasehold property the conveyancing papers should provide a copy of the lease, management information and a sellers leasehold information form and associated conveyancing paperwork specific to leasehold premises. You must hand this to the conveyancer working for you ASAP. Do make sure that your finances are in place to complete the transaction on the set completion date.

How can we tell if a Turnham Green conveyancing solicitor on the HSBC panel is any good?

When it comes to conveyancing in Turnham Green obtaining recommendations is a sensible starting point. Before you go ahead, check if they offer a no sale no fee offer. Also, you often get what you pay for - a firm which quotes more, will often provide a better service than one advertising the lowest fees. We would always advise that you speak with the solicitor conducting your conveyancing.

UBS have agreed my mortgage in principle, my offer on a apartment in Turnham Green has been accepted, what are the next steps?

The property agent will wish to know who your solicitors are (make sure the property lawyers are on the bank’s panel). Contact UBS or your financial adviser and finish off any relevant forms. UBS will instruct a valuer who will get in contact with the estate agent or owners to book an appointment. Once conducted (assuming no problems) it takes about a fortnight for the mortgage offer to be issued. UBS will issue the offer to you and your conveyancing practitioners. The legal work will then take it’s course according the nature and complexity of the conveyancing in Turnham Green.

Due to the encouragement of my in-laws I had a survey completed on a house in Turnham Green ahead of appointing solicitors. I have been informed that there is a flying freehold overhang to the house. The surveyor has said that some mortgage companies tend not give a mortgage on this type of premises.

It varies from the lender to lender. Lloyds has different requirements for example to Birmingham Midshires. If you e-mail us we can check with the relevant lender. If you lender is happy to lend one our lawyers can help as they are accustomed to dealing with flying freeholds in Turnham Green. Conveyancing may be slightly more expensive based on your lender's requirements.

What tools are available to search for a Turnham Green law firm on the Chelsea Building Society conveyancing panel? I have wheels and am prepared to travel upto 20kilometers to meet the conveyancer.

Feel free to make use of the facility on this page. Please pick a bank and your location and you will see a number of Turnham Green conveyancing lawyers located nearest you. We have detailed some Turnham Green conveyancing firms towards the end of this page and you can ring them to check whether they are on the Chelsea Building Society panel

I am using a search engine for the phrase conveyancing in Turnham Green it reveals many conveyancersin the area. With so much choice what is the best way to find the suitable solicitor for the sale of my house?

The best way of finding a suitable conveyancer is via trusted recommendation, so seek the counsel of colleagues and those you trust who have purchased a property in Turnham Green or the reputable estate agent or financial adviser. Costs for conveyancing in Turnham Green vary, so it's advisable to request a minimum of three fee estimates from different companies. Be sure to obtain confirmation that the fees are fixed.

We expect to complete our sale of a £250,000 garden flat in Turnham Green next Thursday. The landlords agents has quoted £396 for Landlord’s certificate, building insurance schedule and previous years service charge statements. Is it legal for a freeholder to charge such fees for a flat conveyance in Turnham Green?

Turnham Green conveyancing on leasehold flats normally requires the purchaser’s conveyancer sending enquiries for the landlord to answer. Although the landlord is under no legal obligation to address these enquiries the majority will be content to assist. They are entitled to levy a reasonable charge for responding to questions or supplying documentation. There is no upper cap for such fees. The average costs for the paperwork that you are referring to is £350, in some situations it is in excess of £800. The administration charge levied by the landlord must be accompanied by a summary of rights and obligations in respect of administration fees, without which the invoice is not strictly payable. Reality however dictates that you have little choice but to pay whatever is requested of you if you want to sell the property.

Having spent years of dialogue we simply can't agree with our landlord on how much the lease extension should cost for our flat in Turnham Green. Can we issue an application to the Residential Property Tribunal Service?

Most definitely. We are happy to put you in touch with a Turnham Green conveyancing firm who can help.

An example of a Lease Extension case for a Turnham Green property is Flat 1 30 Ennismore Avenue in September 2010. the Tribunal adopted and arrived at a premium for the lease extension of £29, 900 This case affected 1 flat. The unexpired term as at the valuation date was 68.34 years.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.