Find a Derbyshire Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Derbyshire? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Derbyshire transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Derbyshire conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Derbyshire

The Derbyshire conveyancing firm handling our Derbyshire conveyancing has identified a discrepancy between the surveyor’s assumptions in the valuation survey and what is in the legal papers for the property. My lawyer informs me that he needs to check that the bank is OK with this discrepancy and is still content to lend. Is my conveyancer’s course or action correct?

Your conveyancer must comply with the UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook conditions which do require that your lawyer disclose any incorrect assumptions in the lender’s valuation report and the legal papers. Should you refuse to allow your lawyer to make the appropriate notification then your lawyer will have no choice but to discontinue acting for both parties.

We are expecting a mortgage offer soon. The lender mentioned the loan came with free conveyancing. Does this mean I have to appoint their panel solicitor as I would prefer to appoint a specialised conveyancing solicitor in Derbyshire?

Do check but the the likelihood is that give you one of their panel solicitors should you accept the "fee-free" deal. Call the lender and explore if they make available a monetary alternative. In the past a few mortgage companies offered a £250 cashback as an alternative in which case that money can go towards the cost for your conveyancing solicitor in Derbyshire.

The deeds to our house can not be found. The lawyers who did the conveyancing in Derbyshire 10 years ago have long since closed. What are my options?

You no longer need to hold title original deeds to evidence that you are the registered proprietor of land or premises, given that the Land Registry have everything they need in a digital format.

We are 3 weeks into a leasehold purchase having been recommend to a firm by the local agent to do our conveyancing in Derbyshire. We are not happy. Could you help me find new lawyers?

They would have to be very bad in order to consider replacing them. Has your mortgage offer been generated? If so you must advise them of the new conveyancer and ensure the mortgage documents are issued to the new lawyers. The solicitor ideally should be on the mortgage company approved list to avoid supplemental expenses and delays. That should be your starting point. The find a solicitor tool should assist you in finding a bank approved solicitor for your conveyancing in Derbyshire

My partner and I have AIP from Santander who have advised that they will loan up to £300k. When do I need to instruct a lawyer for conveyancing? Derbyshire is where we plan to move to.

It would be wise to instruct a solicitor now so that the conveyancing practitioner can open the ledger so they can do their AML checks etc. If and when you wish them to commence work you will be asked for a payment on account normally about £200. That should normally be once you have the mortgage offer and survey back, but if you want to expedite the process you can start the ball rolling sooner even though you may be risking some money.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.