Find a Hounslow Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Hounslow? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Hounslow conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Hounslow conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Hounslow

We are planning to acquire a house and require a conveyancing solicitor in Hounslow who is on the Yorkshire BS solicitor panel. Could you point me in the right direction as regards a firm?

Our service is limited to being a directory service for firms who wish to be listed as being on the approved conveyancing panel for Yorkshire BS . We don't recommend any particular firms conducting conveyancing in Hounslow.

We wish to acquire a 2 bedroom apartment in Hounslow with a residential mortgage from Norwich and Peterborough Building Society.We would like to retain our Hounslow conveyancing practitioner but Norwich and Peterborough Building Society informed us he's not listed on their "panel". We have to appoint a Norwich and Peterborough Building Society panel solicitor or keep our preferred solicitor and fork out for a Norwich and Peterborough Building Society panel lawyer to act for them. This seems very unfair; Can we not simply insist that Norwich and Peterborough Building Society use our lawyer?

No, not really. The loan offered to you contains various provisions, a common one being that lawyers must be on the Norwich and Peterborough Building Society conveyancing panel. in the past, most banks had large numbers of law firms on their panels: a borrower could choose one for themselves, as long as it was on the lender's panel. The lender would then simply instruct the borrower's lawyers to act for the lender, too. You can use your lender's panel lawyers or you could borrow from another lender which does not restrict your choice. A further alternative is for your solicitors to apply to be on the conveyancing panel for Norwich and Peterborough Building Society

How does conveyancing in Hounslow differ for newly converted properties?

Most buyers of new build premises in Hounslow approach us having been asked by the seller to exchange contracts and commit to the purchase even before the house is constructed. This is because new home sellers in Hounslow usually buy the real estate, plan the estate and want to get the plots sold off as they are building the properties. Buyers, therefore, will have to exchange contracts without actually seeing the house they are buying. To reduce the chances of losing the property, buyers should instruct conveyancers as soon as the property is reserved and mortgage applications should be submitted quickly. Due to the fact that it could be several months and even years between exchange of contracts and completion, the mortgage offer may need to be extended. It would be wise to use a lawyer who specialises in new build conveyancing especially if they are accustomed to new build conveyancing in Hounslow or who has acted in the same development.

I have been on the look out for a flat up to £305k and found one close by in Hounslow I like with amenity areas and transport links nearby, the downside is that it's only got 49 years unexpired on the lease. There is not much else in Hounslow for this price, so just wondered if I would be making a mistake purchasing a lease with such few years left?

Should you require a home loan that many years may be problematic. Discount the price by the expected lease extension will cost if not already taken into account. If the current owner has owned the premises for a minimum of twenty four months you can ask them to commence the lease extension formalities and pass it to you. An additional ninety years can be extended on to the existing lease term and have £0 ground rent by law. You should speak to your conveyancing lawyer regarding this matter.

Should I go with a Hounslow conveyancing solicitor who is local to the property I am buying? An old friend can perform the legal work but they are based 400miles away.

The primary upside of using a high street Hounslow conveyancing firm is that you can visit the firm to sign paperwork, hand in your identification documents and pester them if necessary. Having local Hounslow know how is a plus. However it's more important to get someone that will do a good and efficient job. If if people you trust used your friend and they were impressed that must surpass using an unfamiliar Hounslow conveyancing lawyer just because they are based in the area.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.