Find a Page Green Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Page Green? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Page Green transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Page Green conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Page Green

At what point does exchange of contracts occur in residential conveyancing in Page Green and am I required to be at the lawyers office?

If you are local to one of the conveyancing solicitors in Page Green you are invited in to sign contracts. That being said, the firms we work with offer a national conveyancing service and give as equally comprehensive and professional a job for you when dealing with you electronically. The signing of the contract is not when everything is set in stone. Signing on the dotted line simply enables the conveyancer to exchange contracts at the appropriate time, which will usually be very shortly after signing. The exchange process is nowadays normally dealt with by telephone and can be very rapid, although where an extended "chain" is involved, since the process requires the relevant party's solicitor (not necessarily a conveyancing solicitor in Page Green)to be in the office available at the end of the phone to exchange contracts.

We are planning to purchase with Coventry BS. I called into 3 or 4 high street firms but cant to find a Page Green conveyancing firm on the Coventry BS panel. Please you assist?

Please do take advantage of the search tool on this page. Please choose the lender and type Page Green or your preferred area and you will be presented with numerous solicitors offices in Page Green or nearest you.

My wife and I are purchasing a apartment in Page Green. It might be a silly question but how we can trust a solicitor? At some point we have to deposit funds into their account. What protection do we have from them run away with our monies?

Be assured that all money in a Solicitors client account is 100% safe, and even if your Solicitor ran off with it, the Law Society would reimburse you fully.

Completion of my purchase has taken place for my property in Page Green. Conveyancing was of an acceptable standard but I would like to complain about the lender. Who do I contact should I wish to lodge a complaint?

Almost all banks and building societies have complaints procedures. Your first point of contact should be one of the lender’s branches or the Customer Care Team at head office. We understand that complaints to a lender are sorted out effectively and efficiently. However if you are not satisfied that the matter is not resolved you can write to Financial Ombudsman Service with full details of your complaint.

I am due to exchange contracts on my flat. I had a double glazing fitted in August 2010, but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My purchaser’s lender, HSBC are being pedantic. The Page Green solicitor who is on the HSBC conveyancing panel is happy to accept ‘lack of building regulation’ insurance but HSBC are requiring a building regulation certificate. Why do HSBC have a conveyancing panel if they don't accept advice from them?

It is probably the case that HSBC have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why HSBC may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing was correctly and safely installed. The indemnity insurance merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.

I'm converting the mortgage on my current home to a buy to let loan with Barclays Direct and intend to use the remaining equity as a deposit on a second property. The neighborhood we are talking about is Page Green. Will your lawyers be able to act for the two mortgage companies and link together the two deals?

Do use our comparison tool on this page to be sure that the conveyancers are on the relevant lender panels. Having checked that they are your solicitor will be able to connect the two deals but you should have a chat with you conveyancer and make clear your desired outcome and needs.

I've recently bought a leasehold house in Page Green. Am I liable to pay service charges relating to a period prior to my ownership?

Where the service charge has already been demanded from the previous owner and they have not paid you would not usually be personally liable for the arrears. Strange as it may seem, your landlord may still be able to take action to forfeit the lease. It is an essential part of leasehold conveyancing for your conveyancer to ensure to have an up to date clear service charge receipt before completion of your purchase. If you have a mortgage this is likely to be a requirement of your lender.

If you purchase part way through an accounting year you may be liable for charges not yet demanded even if they relate to a period prior to your purchase. In such circumstances your conveyancer would normally arrange for the seller to set aside some money to cover their part of the period (usually called a service charge retention).

I have had difficulty in trying to purchase the freehold in Page Green. Can this matter be resolved via the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal?

You certainly can. We can put you in touch with a Page Green conveyancing firm who can help.

An example of a Freehold Enfranchisement case for a Page Green residence is 22 Wakefield Road in January 2012. Following a vesting order Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court under section 26 of the Leasehold Reform,Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 on 9th May 2011 the Tribunal decided that the price that the Applicant for the freehold interest should pay is £17,400 This case related to 2 flats. The unexpired residue of the current lease was 74.13 years.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.