Find a Sherwood Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Sherwood? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Sherwood home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Sherwood conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Sherwood

Much to our surprise we have been informed by our lender that my Sherwood property lawyer is not on the mortgage company Conveyancing panel. How can I be certain if this is indeed the case?

You need to contact your Sherwood lawyer directly. It is reasonable to expect your lawyer to advise you what has happened. Where they are not on the panel they may be able to suggest a Sherwood conveyancing practice that is on the conveyancing panel for your mortgage company.

Can I use your services to locate a Conveyancing solicitor in Sherwood even where I’m not buying or selling a house, for instance where I intend to buy a shop in Sherwood with a mortgage from Godiva Mortgages Ltd?

Our search tool is primarily utilised to locate domestic conveyancing solicitors in Sherwood but we have set out at the end of this page some Sherwood commercial conveyancing firms. You will need to enquire with the solicitors directly to see if they are also authorised to represent Godiva Mortgages Ltd

This question may be naive but I am new to the home buying as FTB of a garden flat in Sherwood. Do I receive the keys to the property on the completion date from my conveyancer? If this is the case, I will appoint a High Street conveyancing solicitor in Sherwood?

There is no need to visit the lawyers office on the day of completion. Conveyancing lawyers for you will arrange to send the completion advance to the seller's lawyers, and once they have received this, you will be able to collect the keys from the selling Agents and start moving into the property. Usually this happens between 1 and 3pm.

I'm the only recipient of my late grandmother’s will and I have everything in my name alone, including the my former home in Sherwood. Conveyancing formalities meant that the Land Registry date was in March. I now wish to sell up. I understand that there is a Mortgage Lenders 6 month 'rule', meaning my property ownership may be considered the same way as if I'd bought the property in March. Do I have to wait half a year to sell?

The CML handbook obliges conveyancers to: "report to us immediately if the owner or registered proprietor has been registered for less than six months." Technically you could be impacted by that. How practical a view lenders take of it, depend on the mortgage company as this clause primarily exists to identify the purchase and immediately sell or the flipping of property.

Our sealed bid on a property in Sherwood has been agreed to, the sellers do nevertheless have an associated purchase. The sellers have placed an offer on somewhere, but it’s not yet agreed to, and have viewings of other properties booked. I have selected a high street conveyancing solicitor in Sherwood. What do I do now? When do I get the mortgage application with UBS going?

It is usual to have apprehensions where there is a chain as you are unlikely to want to be too out of pocket prematurely (home loan application is in the region of £1k, then valuation, Sherwood conveyancing search costs, etc). First, you must check that your property lawyer is on the UBS conveyancing panel. As to the subsequent steps this very much depends on the uniqueness of your case, desire for this property and on the state of the market. During a rising market many buyers will apply for the mortgage with UBS and pay for the valuation and only if it comes back ok would they request their property lawyer to press on with searches.

Me and my brother purchased a renovated Georgian house in Sherwood. Conveyancing practitioner represented me and Nottingham Building Society. I did a free Land Registry search last week and there are two entries: the first freehold, the second leasehold with the matching property. I'd like to know for sure, how can I find out??

You need to assess the Freehold register you have again and check the Charges Register for mention of a lease. The best way to be sure that you are also the registered owner of the leasehold and freehold title as well is to check (£3). It is not completely unheard of in Sherwood and other areas of the country and poses no real issues for owners other than when they remortgage they have to account for both freehold and leasehold interests when dealing with mortgage companies. You can also enquire as to the position with your conveyancing lawyer who conducted the conveyancing.

My husband and I are buying a four room bungalowin Sherwood with a loan from a bank. We have selected a lawyer in Sherwood yet our mortgage company says he's not approved on their "panel". Apparently we need to choose one of the our mortgage company panel solicitors or keep our Sherwood conveyancer and pay for one of their panel ones to represent them. This seems very unfair; is there anything we can do?

Unfortunately,no. The bank home loan offered to you is subject to conditions, one of which will be that lawyers will on the bank's conveyancing panel. in the past, most lenders had large numbers of law firms on their panels, including most conveyancing solicitors in Sherwood : a mortgagee could choose one for themselves, as long as it was on the lender's panel. The lender would then simply instruct the borrower's lawyers to act for the lender, too. You can use your lender's panel lawyers or you could borrow from another lender which does not restrict your choice. A further alternative is for your lawyer to apply to be on the conveyancing panel for your lender.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.