Find a Trowbridge Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Trowbridge? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Trowbridge home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Trowbridge conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Trowbridge

My wife and I are purchasing a flat in Trowbridge. I might seem paranoid but how we can trust a lawyer? At some point we have to put funds into their account. What is the protection we have from them run away with our monies?

Be assured that all money in a Solicitors client account is 100% safe, and even if your Solicitor ran off with it, the Law Society would reimburse you fully.

I am assisting my sister sell her flat in Trowbridge. Will the solicitor commission an energy performance certificate or it is for the seller to coordinate?

Following the abolition of HIPs, energy assessments was maintained a compulsory component of moving property. An energy assessment needs to be commissioned in advance of the property being advertised. This is not as aspect of the sale process that solicitors normally organise. If you are using a Trowbridge conveyancing lawyer they might be able to arrange energy assessments given their relationships with long established Trowbridge assessors

I am due to move house in May. Should my conveyancing solicitor call the removal company on the completion day. As an aside, can you put forward a removal company in Trowbridge. Conveyancing lawyer was chosen prior to coming across your website.

On the afternoon of completion you can pick up the house keys from the estate agent but this can only be done once the previous owners solicitors advise the agent that they have the completion monies and the keys can be collected. After that you will need to inform the removal men that you are ready to move in. As a matter of policy we do not suggest a particular removal company but can assist you in locating a residential property solicitor in Trowbridge or a legal practice with expertise in conveyancing in Trowbridge.

What does a local search inform me regarding the property my wife and I purchasing in Trowbridge?

Trowbridge conveyancing often starts with the submitting local authority searches directly from your local Authority or via a personal search company such as Xpress Legal The local search plays a central role in many a Trowbridge conveyancing purchase; as long as you don’t want any nasty surprises after you move into your property. The search will supply data on, amongst other things, details on planning applications relevant to the property (whether granted or refused), building control history, any enforcement action, restrictions on permitted development, nearby road schemes, contaminated land and radon gas; in all a total of thirteen topic sections.

The deeds to our house are lost. The solicitors who handled the conveyancing in Trowbridge 5 years ago are no longer around. What do I do?

Gone are the days when you need to hold title original deeds to establish that you are the owner of your registered land or premises, given that the Land Registry hold details of all registered land or property electronically.

About to purchase a new build flat in Trowbridge. Conveyancing is daunting at the best of times but I have never purchased a new build flat before. What sort of enquires would be asked in new build legal work.

Set out below are examples of a selection of leasehold new build questions that you may expect your new-build leasehold conveyancing in Trowbridge

    Investor purchasers must be able to freely grant unsecured tenancies at market rents without requiring any consents. If there are lifts in the building, please confirm that the owners of flats on the ground and basement floors will not be required to contribute towards the cost of maintenance and renewal. Please confirm the Lease plans are architect prepared. There must be mutual enforceability of lessee’s covenants. Where there is an Undertaking being granted there is the risk of forfeiture of the Headlease subject to relief if one or more of the Underlessees are willing to accept the original Head Lessee’s obligations as otherwise relief will be denied to the Underlessees. The only alternatives are the Head Lessor agreeing not to forfeit the Headlease or the Head Lessee guaranteeing to the Underlessees that it will not be in breach of the Headlease.

I'm refinancing my existing property to a buy to let loan with The Mortgage Works and I will use the rest of the raised equity as a deposit on a second house. The neighborhood we are looking at is Trowbridge. Will your conveyancers be able to act for both sets of lenders and tie in the conveyances?

Make use of our comparison tool on this page to ensure that the solicitors are approved by both mortgage companies. On the basis that they are the solicitor will be able to simultaneously deal with the two deals but you should have a chat with you conveyancer and specify your expectations and needs.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.