Find a Law Firm
approved by Nottingham BS

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the Nottingham BS list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find an Approved Solicitor on the Nottingham Building Society Conveyancing Panel

Examples of recent questions relating to the Nottingham Building Society Conveyancing Panel

My mortgage broker has has requested my solicitor’s panel member for the Nottingham Building Society conveyancing panel. How do I discover this. I have e-mailed my local Nottingham Building Society branch but they don't know it.
Have you tried speaking to your lawyer about this?. They should have a central record lender panel numbers including the Nottingham Building Society panel reference.
I am purchasing a brand new duplex and my solicitor is advising me that she is duty bound to reveal incentives from the builder as her practice is on the Nottingham Building Society conveyancing panel. I am nearing the developer’s deadline to exchange and my preference is not to delay matters. Can I insist on an exchange regardless of what my lawyer says about being on the Nottingham Building Society panel?
You should not exchange unless you have advised to do so by your lawyer. A precondition to being on the Nottingham Building Society approved panel is to comply with the CML Handbook requirements (last updated for this lender on Nottingham Building Society). The CML Conveyancing Handbook requires that your lawyer have the appropriate Disclosure of Incentive form completed by the developer and accepted by your lender.
Do banks and building societies provide you with an approved list of solicitors? How do you know who is on the Nottingham Building Society conveyancing panel?
The law firm practices themselves provide us confirmation that they are on the Nottingham Building Society conveyancing panel as opposed to being supplied with a list from Nottingham Building Society directly.
I was due to move into my dream home last Friday. My lawyer’s firm is on the Nottingham Building Society solicitors panel but has changed address 8 weeks ago and had not informed Nottingham Building Society of their new address. Nottingham Building Society is now refusing to release my funds as the information from the solicitors isn't correct.
This is as unusual as it is unlucky. The majority of lender Terms of Conveyancing Panel Appointment specifically oblige the solicitor to inform the lender of an address change. Your solicitor needs to treat this with the utmost urgency. Do speak with or register your concern with the senior partner (assuming he or she is not your direct lawyer). Most lenders would be reasonable in this situation and expedite the resolution of this issue. It may be prudent to enlist the help of your local Nottingham Building Society branch or your mortgage broker to see if they can help.
Is it the case that all conveyancing solicitors on the Nottingham Building Society conveyancing panel work on a no move no charge basis?
In the main there are no requirements by lenders for their firms to operate on a no-sale-no-fee basis. There a small number of lenders who operate a very restricted conveyancing panel managed by a third party company (often termed in the industry as a ‘gatekeeper’). That third party may impose certain conditions such as non-sale-no fee on the panel firms. If you require this as a condition of your conveyancing then you should check with the conveyancing firm that this is part of their package
Completion of my purchase has taken place with a loan from Nottingham Building Society. Conveyancing was a necessary evil but I feel I should register my dissatisfaction about Nottingham Building Society. Who do I contact should I wish to lodge a complaint?
All banks and building societies have complaints procedures. Your first point of contact should be one of the Nottingham Building Society branches or the Customer Care Department at Nottingham Building Society head office. We understand that complaints to Nottingham Building Society are resolved very quickly. However if you are not satisfied that the matter is resolved you can write to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR with full details of your complaint.
My ex -wife’s name is on the Nottingham Building Society mortgage of my property but not on the land registry. The apartment was transferred to me on our divorce many years ago by way of a sealed court order. Does my ex still have a say on the sale even though the land registry showing the property in my name alone? Will I be required to take her name of the Nottingham Building Society mortgage in order to sell?
As regards the Nottingham Building Society mortgage, it is unusual that your ex-wife’s name remains on the mortgage but not on the title. It is conceivable that this is an oversight on the part of your conveyancers to ensure that her name was removed or even an administrative error on the part of Nottingham Building Society in failing to update their data. In any event, it should cause difficulty providing her name no longer appears on the Land Registry title and you have a court order ordering that the property is transferred to you.