Find a Leek Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Leek? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Leek conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Leek conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Leek

Why would I instruct a Leek conveyancing practice when online alternatives are so much cheaper?

By all means make sure that you get 2 or 3 like-for-like quotes for conveyancing costs in Leek and you should seek an affordable estimate but don’t waste your energy hunting for the lowest priced Leek conveyancer. Finding the right conveyancer can mark the difference between a smooth and a distressing home move. It is important that you ensure that you have expert advice from an experienced conveyancer. An e-mail can never replace a telephone call and are no substitute for a one to one meeting. Our partner firms will appoint you a qualified and trusted conveyancing solicitor who can deal with your conveyancing from beginning to end, providing a level of hand holding that you rarely receive from an internet conveyancer. He or She will keep you updated on headway and keep you informed. Should you need to call the firm you will be sure who to ask for and they will be sure you are kept fully informed.

is it true that all Leek conveyancing solicitors on the Kent Reliance conveyancing panel are governed by the SRA?

As a firm of solicitors, in order to be on the Kent Reliance approved list of solicitors they would need to be regulated by the SRA. Many lenders do list licenced conveyancers on their panel and in that case the organisation would be governed by the Council of Licensed Conveyancers.

How can we tell if a Leek conveyancing solicitor on the Bank of Ireland panel is any good?

When it comes to conveyancing in Leek seeking recommendations is a good start. Before you go ahead, check if they offer a no sale no fee offer. Also, you often get what you pay for - a firm which quotes more, will often provide a better service than one advertising the lowest fees. We would always recommend that you speak with the solicitor handling your conveyancing.

I have paid off my mortgage with Clydesdale. I assume I don't need a Leek solicitor on the Clydesdale panel to discharge the mortgage at the Land Registry. Am I right?

If you have finished paying off your Clydesdale mortgage, they may send you evidence showing that you have paid it off. Alternatively they may notify the Land Registry directly. The Land Registry need to see this evidence before they will remove the Clydesdale mortgage from the register. Clydesdale, and any evidence they send you, will determine the action you need to take. In cases where no conveyancer is acting for you and you have paid off your mortgage:

  1. but are not moving to another property
  2. where Clydesdale has sent the Land Registry the discharge electronically, and
  3. Clydesdale has instructed the Land Registry to do so
The Land Registry will send you a letter confirming that your Clydesdale mortgage has been paid off.

I am buying my first flat in Leek with a mortgage from Barnsley Building Society. The sellers would not move on the price so I negotiated £7000 of extras instead. The property agent advised me not inform my conveyancer about the deal as it would affect my loan with the lender. Is this normal?.

All lenders require a Disclosure of Incentives Form from the developer of any new build, converted or renovated property, It is available online from the Lenders’ Handbook page on the CML website. CML form is completed and handed to the lender's surveyor when the inspection is done.

Lenders have different policies on incentives. Some accept none at all, cash or physical, while others will accept cash incentives up to 5%.

Hard to understand why the representative of a builder would be suggesting you withold information from a solicitor when all this will be clearly visible on forms the builder has to supply to its solicitor, the buyer's solicitor and the surveyor.

Over the last few months I have been searching for a flat up to £305k and identified one close by in Leek I like with open areas and railway links nearby, however it's only got 49 years on the lease. There is not much else in Leek for this price, so just wondered if I would be making a mistake acquiring a short lease?

Should you need a mortgage the shortness of the lease may be a potential deal breaker. Discount the price by the anticipated lease extension will cost if it has not already been discounted. If the existing owner has owned the property for at least 2 years you could ask them to start the process of the extension and then assign it to you. An additional ninety years can be extended on to the current lease term with a zero ground rent applied. You should consult your conveyancing lawyer about this.

My in 2008. He has since got wed, widowed and is now married again. He now intends to the sell the Leek property. I believe he will just be asked to provide a copy of the marriage certificates to the property lawyer however he is concerned it could delay the home move. Should he instruct a property lawyer to update the title information for the house?

The is no need to bring up to date the title for the property on the basis that you have the evidence needed to demonstrate how the name change has come about.

Any purchaser’s conveyancing practitioner should check the registered details and require evidence by way of proof of the name change for instance marriage documentation.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.