Find a Brown Edge Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Brown Edge? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Brown Edge home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Brown Edge conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Brown Edge

We were just about to sign contracts for a leasehold flat in Brown Edge. We have hit a problem. Our loan offer with Leeds Building Society expires on 11/9/2019 but the owners are suggesting a completion date of 13/9/2019. Can one extend the loan expiry date?

The best person to address this question is your conveyancer who is in a position to calculate whether he or she is corresponding with the lender, seller’s lawyers, property agents or indeed all parties based on the history of your house move as of today.

I purchased a freehold premises in Brown Edge but nevertheless charged rent, why is this and what is this?

It is rare for properties in Brown Edge and has limited impact for conveyancing in Brown Edge but some freehold properties in England (particularly common in North West England) pay an annual sum known as a Chief Rent or a Rentcharge to a third party who has no other legal interest in the land.

Rentcharge payments are usually between £2.00 and £5.00 per year. Rentcharges have existed for hundreds of years, but the Rent Charge Act 1977 barred the creation of new rentcharges from 1977 onwards.

Previous rentcharges can now be extinguished by making a lump sum payment under the Act. Any rentcharges that are still in existence post 2037 is to be dispensed with completely.

Have just purchased a probate house at auction in Brown Edge. Conveyancing is needed. What are my next steps?

Now that you are for all intents and purposes signed on the dotted line you will need to retain a conveyancing solicitor soon as you are faced with a fast approaching a fixed date to complete the conveyancing. All auction property will ordinarily have an associated legal set of papers. This will likely include most,if not all of the paperwork that your solicitor will need. If you have purchased leasehold property the auction papers should provide a copy of the lease, management information and a sellers leasehold information form and associated conveyancing paperwork pertinent to leasehold premises. You must pass this on to your appointed conveyancing solicitor at the earliest opportunity. You also need to ensure that your finances are organised to complete the transaction on the set completion date.

We were going to get a OIP from Nationwide this week so we can work out what to offer on a property we like as otherwise we are dependent on web based calculators (which aren't taking into account credit checks etc). Do Nationwide recommend any Brown Edge solicitors on the Nationwide conveyancing panel, or is it better to find our own lawyer?

You will need to appoint Brown Edge solicitors independently although you'll need to choose one on the Nationwide conveyancing panel. The solicitor represents both you and Nationwide through the process.

I am selling my apartment. I had a double glazing fitted in April 2007, but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My purchaser’s lender, Nationwide are being difficult. The Brown Edge solicitor who is on the Nationwide conveyancing panel is recommending indemnity insurance as a solution but Nationwide are requiring a building regulation certificate. Why do Nationwide have a conveyancing panel if they don't accept advice from them?

It is probably the case that Nationwide have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why Nationwide may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing was correctly and safely installed. The indemnity insurance merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.

I have recentlyfound out that Arc property Solicitors have closed. They carried out my conveyancing in Brown Edge for a purchase of a leasehold apartment 18 months ago. How can I check that the property is in my name in the name of the former proprietor?

The easiest method to check if the property is in your name, you can make a search of the land registry (£3.00). You can either do this yourself or ask a law firm to do this for you. If you are not registered you can seek help from one of a number of Brown Edge conveyancing specialists.

I've recently found out that there is a flying freehold element on a house I put an offer in last month in what should have been a simple, no chain conveyancing. Brown Edge is the location of the property. Is there any advice you can give?

Flying freeholds in Brown Edge are unusual but are more likely to exist in relation to terraced houses. Even where you use a solicitor outside Brown Edge you must be sure that your lawyer goes through the deeds diligently. Your bank may require your conveyancing solicitor to take out an indemnity policy. Some of the more diligent conveyancing solicitors in Brown Edge may decide that this is not enough and that the deeds be re-written to give you the most up to date legal protection. If so, the next door neighbour also had to sign up to the revised deeds.It is possible that your lender will not accept the situation so the sooner you find out the better. You should also check with your insurance broker as to whether they will insure a flying freehold residence.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.