Find a Low Fell Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Low Fell? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Low Fell transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Low Fell conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Low Fell

My IFA requires my Low Fell solicitor’s panel reference for the Nationwide conveyancing panel. Can you suggest how I find this out. I have e-mailed my local Low Fell branch but they have not responded to me.

The sensible thing to do is ask for this information from your Low Fell conveyancer . They retain a central record lender panel numbers.

Have just purchased a repossessed house at auction in Low Fell. Conveyancing is needed. What is next?

Now that you have for all intents and purposes signed on the dotted line you will need to instruct a conveyancing practitioner quickly as you will have a pending a fixed date to complete the transaction. All auction property will ordinarily have a corresponding legal set of papers. This will likely include evidence of title and search results. In the case of leasehold property the auction pack should include a copy of the lease, management information and a sellers leasehold information form and associated conveyancing paperwork relating to a leasehold property. You should pass this on to your appointed conveyancing solicitor at the earliest opportunity. You also need to ensure that your finances are in place to complete on the on the contractual date .

My wife and I are in the throws of looking at apartments in Low Fell and I am now considering a potential offer. Should I already have a solicitor in place at this point? I am planning to take a home loan with Virgin Money.

It would be wise to instigate your search sooner rather than later. After you have chosen your lawyer and once your offer is accepted you can instruct them to work for you and pass their contact information on to the estate agent. Given that you are obtaining a mortgage with Virgin Money, ask your prospective lawyers if they are on the Virgin Money conveyancing panel otherwise they can't do the mortgage legal work.

After shopping around on the internet I have found a Low Fell conveyancing practitioner having made sure that they are on the Co-operative conveyancing panel. Does my lawyer arrange the survey of the property?

Co-operative will need an independent valuation of the property. Your lawyer will not arrange this. Usually Co-operative will appoint their own surveyor to do this, and you will have to pay for it. Remember that this is a valuation for mortgage purposes and not a survey. Your conveyancer will not organise the survey but they may be able to put you in touch with a local one that they recommend. RICS offers a find a surveyor service (just google it) where you can search for a qualified surveyor by your Low Fell postcode. As you are getting a mortgage with Co-operative, you could contact them to see if they have a list of approved surveyors in Low Fell.

A relative suggested that where I am buying in Low Fell I should ask my conveyancer to execute a Neighbourhood, Planning and Local Amenity Search. What does it cover?

A search of this type is occasionally included in the estimate for your Low Fell conveyancing searches. It is a large report of more than thirty pages, listing and detailing important information about Low Fell around the property and the people living there. It incorporates an Aerial Photograph, Planning Applications, Land Use, Mobile Phone Masts, Rights of Way, the Low Fell Housing Market, Council Tax Banding, the type of People living in the area, the dominant type of Housing, the Average Property Price, Crime statistics, Local Education with plans and statistics, Local Amenities and other useful information regarding Low Fell.

four months have elapsed since my purchase conveyancing in Low Fell completed. I have checked the Land Registry site which shows that I paid £175,000 when infact I paid £160,000. Why the discrepancy?

The price paid figure is taken from the application to register the purchase. It is the figure included in the Transfer (the legal deed which transfers the asset from one person to the other) and referred to as the 'consideration' or purchase price. You can report an error in the price paid figure using the LR online form. In most cases errors result from typos so at first glance the figure. Do report it so they can double check and advise.

As co-executor for the will of my grandmother I am selling a house in Monmouth but I am based in Low Fell. My solicitor (based 300 miles from merequires that I execute a statutory declaration prior to the transaction finalising. Could you suggest a conveyancing lawyer in Low Fell to attest this legal document for me?

strictly speaking you should not need to have the documents witnessed by a conveyancing solicitor. Ordinarily any notary public or solicitor will be fine regardless of whether they are located in Low Fell

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.