Find a Oakham Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Oakham? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Oakham home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Oakham conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Oakham

I have just been advised by my mortgage broker that my Oakham lawyer is not on the mortgage company Conveyancing panel. What can I do to be certain if this is indeed the case?

The best course of action for you to take is to call your Oakham lawyer directly. It is reasonable to expect your lawyer to inform you what has happened. If they are not on the panel they may be able to suggest a Oakham conveyancing practice that is on the approved list of lawyers for your lender.

Should conveyancers request money on account when it comes to conveyancing in Oakham?

If you are buying a property in Oakham your lawyer will ask you place them with funds to cover the search fees. This will be the total of the cost of the Local Authority Search. If any deposit is payable against the total price then this should be needed immediately in advance of exchange of contracts. The closing balance that is needed should be sent to your lawyer a couple of days ahead of the day of completion.

I am buying a new build flat in Oakham. Conveyancing is necessary evil at the best of times but I have never purchased a new build flat before. What sort of enquires would be asked in new build conveyancing.

Set out below are examples of a selection of leasehold new build questions that you should expect your new-build leasehold conveyancing in Oakham

    Will control of the Management Company (if any) be handed over to purchasers on completion of the last sale or earlier? The Landlord must covenant to assume the management if the Management Company goes into liquidation or otherwise defaults in running the management scheme. There must be mutual enforceability of lessee’s covenants. Where service of notices and proceedings can be at the property demised please confirm that this can be amended to include simultaneous services at the Lessees’ solicitors’ offices where the Lessee from time to time is not resident in the UK - such solicitors may be varied by notice in writing to the Landlord from time to time but otherwise will be as previously specified. If there are lifts in the building, please confirm that the owners of flats on the ground and basement floors will not be required to contribute towards the cost of maintenance and renewal.

My cousin has urged me to instruct his conveyancing solicitors in Oakham. Should I use them?

There are no two ways about it the ideal way to select a conveyancing lawyer is to seek recommendations from friends or family who have actually used the solicitor you're contemplating using.

I have appointed a Oakham conveyancing solicitor for our home move (novice purchasers) and have spotted in the Ts and Cs that they are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Need I be worried or is that usually the case with conveyancer?

We can't see why they should be. Most property lawyer don't lend money. They should be regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, who set strict obligations in place on funds held by them.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.