Find a Sawtry Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Sawtry? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Sawtry conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Sawtry conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Sawtry

I'm in the process of switching my current residential loan to a BTL Bank of Scotland mortgage. The bank has said that I require a solicitor as part of the process. I spoke to my previous Sawtry conveyancing practitioner who acted on my behalf when I initially purchased the house. The quote provided of £450 plus VAT is surprising as I am not require purchase conveyancing - it’s just a bog-standard refinance.

The estimate does seem a little on the high side. If you shop around you could reduce the fees slightly by as much as £100 plus VAT. On the other hand, if you were pleased with the legal work the firm gave you couldlive to regret choosing an an unknown conveyancer. Remember to check the conveyancer can act for Bank of Scotland. Do utilise our search tool to find a Sawtry conveyancing firm on the Bank of Scotland member panel, which can often include conveyancing solicitors in Sawtry.

I require conveyancing for a flat in a relatively new development (6 years built) in Sawtry. The vast majority the appartments are already sold. Is it really necessary to order conveyancing searches for my conveyancing in Sawtry?

If you are purchasing a property with the assistance of a loan, your mortgage company will require some (many) of the searches so you'll have no choice. If not, then Sawtry conveyancing searches are for you to decide upon. No doubt your conveyancer, will ’encourage’, perhaps in the strongest possible terms, that you should not go ahead without searches, but he or she is duty bound in this regard. One thing to bear in mind; if you are likely to sell the house one day, it may be of interest to your future buyer what the searches contain. Sometimes houses with no practical issues can still throw up adverse search results. But if you choose to instruct your lawyer to proceed without searches then your lawyer will have to follow your instructions or ask you to appoint a different lawyer for your conveyancing in Sawtry.

Do the Building Society Association intend to launch a online directory to to identify practices on the Norwich and Peterborough Building Society conveyancing panel for instance in Sawtry?

We are not aware of any intention on the part of the BSA to develop such a tool.

I am thinking of appointing a conveyancing solicitor in Sawtry for my home move. Can I check a firm’s complaints history with the profession’s regulator?

One may read documented Solicitor Regulator Association (SRA) determinations stemming from inquisitions from 2008 onwards. Go to Check a solicitor's record. For details about the period before 1 January 2008, or to check a solicitors history, ring 0870 606 2555, 08.00 - 18.00 any week day save for Tuesday when lines open at 9.30am. For non-uk callers, dial +44 (0)121 329 6800. The regulator sometimes recorded call for training requirements.

All being well we will complete the sale of our £275,000 flat in Sawtry on Thursday in a week. The managing agents has quoted £384 for Landlord’s certificate, building insurance schedule and 3 years service charge statements. Is it legal for a freeholder to charge an administration fee for a flat conveyance in Sawtry?

Sawtry conveyancing on leasehold apartments usually requires the buyer’s solicitor sending enquiries for the landlord to answer. Although the landlord is under no legal obligation to answer these enquiries most will be content to assist. They are entitled to charge a reasonable charge for responding to enquiries or supplying documentation. There is no set fee. The average fee for the paperwork that you are referring to is £350, in some situations it is in excess of £800. The management information fee demanded by the landlord must be accompanied by a summary of rights and obligations in respect of administration charges, without which the invoice is not strictly payable. Reality however dictates that one has no option but to pay whatever is requested of you if you want to complete the sale of your home.

I am the registered owner of a leasehold flat in Sawtry, conveyancing was carried out 4 years ago. Can you shed any light on how much the price could be for a 90 year extension to my lease? Equivalent properties in Sawtry with a long lease are worth £227,000. The ground rent is £50 per annum. The lease comes to an end on 21st October 2094

You have 72 years unexpired we estimate the price of your lease extension to be between £9,500 and £11,000 as well as legals.

The suggested premium range above a general guide to costs for renewing a lease, but we are not able to provide a more accurate figure without more comprehensive due diligence. Do not use the figures in tribunal or court proceedings. There may be other concerns that need to be taken into account and you obviously should be as accurate as possible in your negotiations. You should not take any other action based on this information before seeking the advice of a professional.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.