Find a Treorchy Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Treorchy? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Treorchy home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Treorchy conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Treorchy

Do I find a Licenced Conveyancer or Solicitor for conveyancing in Treorchy?

There are two types of lawyers who can execute conveyancing in Treorchy namely licenced conveyancers or solicitors. The two can provide the legal services that required to complete the disposal or purchase of property. They are both duty bound to carry out Treorchy conveyancing on similar quality and guidelines so you may be sure that your conveyancing will be properly carried out and that the necessary steps will be accurately followed.

I am assisting my niece sell her house in Treorchy. Will the solicitor order an energy performance certificate or it is for me to see to?

After the abolition of Home Packs, EPC’s became a mandatory component of moving property. An EPC should be to hand prior to the property being marketed. It is not as aspect of the sale process that law firms ordinarily organise. Where you are instructing a Treorchy conveyancing solicitor they might help arrange EPC’s given their relationships with long established local assessors

The mortgage over my property is with UBS for my property in Treorchy. Conveyancing has been completed 12 months ago. Should I wish to rent out the flat and do not currently have a buy-to-let mortgage do I need to remortgage to a BTL mortgage or inform UBS?

You must advise UBS before letting out your property as this is likely to be a breach of UBS’s mortgage conditions. It may be that UBS will permit you to let out your former home without needing to switch to a buy-to-let mortgage but some lenders will add a surcharge to your mortgage rate to reflect the higher risk. You should contact UBS directly. It should not be necessary to do this via a UBS conveyancing panel firm.

I'm purchasing my first flat in Treorchy benefiting from help to buy. The developers would not budge the price so I negotiated five thousand pounds worth of fixtures and fittings instead. The estate agent suggested that I not disclose to my conveyancer about the side-deal as it could impact my loan with Aldermore. Should I keep quiet?.

All lenders require a Disclosure of Incentives Form from the builder of any new build, converted or renovated property, It is available online from the Lenders’ Handbook page on the CML website. CML form is completed and handed to the lender's surveyor when the inspection is done.

Lenders have different policies on incentives. Some accept none at all, cash or physical, while others will accept cash incentives up to 5%.

Hard to understand why the representative of a builder would be suggesting you withold information from a solicitor when all this will be clearly visible on forms the builder has to supply to its solicitor, the buyer's solicitor and the surveyor.

I decided to have a survey done on a property in Treorchy in advance of retaining solicitors. I have been told that there is a flying freehold overhang to the house. Our surveyor advised that some mortgage companies may refuse to issue a loan on this type of premises.

It depends who your proposed lender is. Lloyds has different requirements from Nationwide. Should you wish to telephone us we can check with the appropriate bank. If you lender is happy to lend one our lawyers can assist as they are accustomed to dealing with flying freeholds in Treorchy. Conveyancing may be slightly more expensive based on your lender's requirements.

What does commercial conveyancing in Treorchy cover?

Treorchy conveyancing for business premises covers a wide range of guidance, provided by regulated solicitors, relating to business premises. For example, this area of conveyancing can cover the sale or purchase of freehold business premises or, more usually, the assignment of existing leases or the drafting of new leasing arrangements. Commercial conveyancing solicitors can also offer advice on the sale of business assets, commercial loans and the termination of leases.

How does one remove a deceased person's name from the title register for a property in Treorchy?

If a Treorchy property is jointly owned and one of the proprietors dies, their name will not automatically be removed from the title deeds. You are not required to remove their name as when it comes to a sale you would just be required to supply proof as to the reason the joint owner is missing from the contract, such as the probate documents.

With the aim of making the sale conveyancing more straight forward in the future you may apply to have the deceased person erased from the title by applying to the land registry with proof of the death. There is no land registry fee payable.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.