Find a Bridgend Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Bridgend? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Bridgend transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Bridgend conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Bridgend

After reading mumsnet.com for a cheap solicitor in Bridgend, many say that I must use a CQS accredited solicitor. Can you explain what CQS is?

Bridgend Conveyancing Quality Scheme law firms have achieved certification by the law Society CQS was created to establish evidence of quality standards in the home legal process. CQS enables home movers to identify practices who provide a quality residential conveyancing. Bridgend is one of locations in England and Wales in which CQS are located. The scheme requires solicitors to undergo a strict assessment, compulsory training, self-reporting, random audits and annual reviews in order to maintain CQS status. It is open only to members of the Law Society who meet the demanding standards set by the scheme and has the support of the Association of British Insurers.

This question may be naive but I am wet behind the ears as FTB of a two bedroom flat in Bridgend. Do I collect the keys to the property on completion from my lawyer? If so, I will use a local conveyancing solicitor in Bridgend?

On the day of completion you do not need to go to the conveyancers office in Bridgend. Conveyancing lawyers for you will transfer the completion advance to the vendor’s conveyancers, and once they have received this, you should be called to pick up the keys from the selling Agents and move into your new home. Usually this occurs early afternoon.

I am due to move property in September. Should my conveyancing solicitor communicate with the removal company on the completion day. As an aside, can you suggest a removal company in Bridgend. Conveyancing lawyer was chosen prior to coming across your site.

On the day of completion you can collect the house keys from the selling agent however this should only be done after the sellers lawyers inform the agent that they acknowledge receipt of the completion payment and the keys can be collected. Subsequently you will need to tell the removal company that you are ready to move in. As a matter of policy we do not suggest a specific removal company but can help you locate a residential property solicitor in Bridgend or a firm that specialises in conveyancing in Bridgend.

I was told three weeks ago that my mortgage has been agreed to by HSBC. Is it usual for HSBC to only issue the offer once my solicitor in Bridgend is approved on their conveyancing panel? HSBC have asked my solicitor to see a copy of their PI Insurance.

A lender would not issue an offer until they have details of a lawyer on their panel. It can take a few weeks for HSBC to deal with your lawyer's application to be on the HSBC conveyancing panel. There's no guarantee that your solicitor will be accepted.

I acquired my house on 12 July and the transaction details are still not registered. Need I be worried? My conveyancing solicitor in Bridgend advises it should be formalised inside ten days. Are transfers in Bridgend particularly slow to register?

There is nothing unique about conveyancing in Bridgend registration formalities. Rather than based on location, timeframes can vary subject to the party submitting the application, whether it is in order and whether the Land registry must send notices to any interested parties. At present in the region of 80% of submission are completed within two weeks but occasionally there can be longer delays. Historically registration occurs once the buyer is living at the premises so post completion formalities is not usually an essential issue but if there is a degree of urgency associated with the registration then you or your solicitor can communicate with the Registry to express the reasoning for an expedited registration.

My husband and I are 17 days into a leasehold purchase having been referred to a firm by the estate agent to execute conveyancing in Bridgend. I am am starting to be disappointed with the quality of service. Can you help me find new conveyancers?

They would need to be very bad to suggest replacing them. Has your loan offer been issued? In the event that it has you will need to make them aware of the new contact details and have the mortgage documents are re-issued. Your conveyancer needs to be on the banks panel to avoid escalating charges and frustration. So that should be your starting point. The find a solicitor tool can help you find a bank approved solicitor for your conveyancing in Bridgend

Is there a difference between surveying and conveyancing in Bridgend?

Conveyancing - in Bridgend or elsewhere - is the process of legally transferring legal title of property from one person to another. It involves the investigation of the title. Whether buying or selling, you should be aware of anything affecting the property such as proposals by government departments, illegal buildings, or outstanding rates. The conveyancer should conduct the appropriate searches and inquiries on the property. Surveying relates to the structure of a property itself. A surveyor will look at a house, flat and any outbuildings you are intending to buy and will help you discover the condition of the building and, if there are problems, give you leverage for reducing the price down or asking the seller to remedy the defects before you move in.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.