Find a Caldicot Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Caldicot? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Caldicot home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Caldicot conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Caldicot

My financial adviser has asked me for my Caldicot solicitor’s panel reference for the Nat West conveyancing panel. What is the best way to obtain this. I have e-mailed my local Caldicot branch but they don't know it.

You are best placed to get this information from your Caldicot conveyancing practitioner . Most Caldicot conveyancing practices will retain a file or database of lender panel information which would include, if applicable, their conveyancing panel details for each mortgage company.

Having invested time scouring mumsnet.com for a conveyancing lawyer in Caldicot, most post that I should use a CQS assured lawyer. What is CQS?

The Law Society's Conveyancing Quality Scheme is the recognised kitemark for legal experts in the legal transfer of properties, trusted by some of the UK's biggest banks. Four years ago the Conveyancing Quality Scheme was officially recognised by the Legal Ombudsman. CQS is not a scheme offered by the Council of Licensed Conveyancing. Caldicot is one of the many areas in England and Wales where there are Accredited solicitors.

Forgive me if this question is silly but I am new to the house moving as FTB of a garden flat in Caldicot. Do I pick up the keys to the property on completion from my solicitor? If so, I will use a local conveyancing solicitor in Caldicot?

There is no need to visit the lawyers office on the day of completion. Conveyancing lawyers for you will electronically transfer the purchase money to the vendor’s solicitors, and shortly after the monies have arrived, you should be able to pick up the keys from the Estate Agents and move into your new home. Usually this occurs early afternoon.

We are getting the release of further funds on our mortgage from Nationwide as we want to conduct alterations to our home in Caldicot. Are we obliged to select a bricks and mortar Caldicot solicitor on the Nationwide conveyancing panel to deal with the legals?

Nationwide would not normally instruct firms on their conveyancing panel to handle the formalities. If they do require any legal work then you would need to ensure that such a lawyer was on the Nationwide panel.

After shopping around on the internet I have found a Caldicot conveyancing practitioner having checked that they are on the Clydesdale conveyancing panel. Does my lawyer arrange the survey of the property?

Clydesdale will need an independent valuation of the property. Your lawyer will not arrange this. Usually Clydesdale will appoint their own surveyor to do this, and you will have to pay for it. Remember that this is a valuation for mortgage purposes and not a survey. You may wish to consider appointing your own Caldicot surveyor to carry out a survey or prepare a home buyers report on the property. It is up to you to satisfy yourself that the property is structurally sound before you buy it. If the survey or report reveals that building work is needed, you should tell your solicitor. You may wish to renegotiate with the seller.

How does conveyancing in Caldicot differ for new build properties?

Most buyers of new build or newly converted property in Caldicot contact us having been asked by the developer to exchange contracts and commit to the purchase even before the property is completed. This is because developers in Caldicot usually acquire the land, plan the estate and want to get the plots sold off as they are building the properties. Buyers, therefore, will have to exchange contracts without actually seeing the house they are buying. To reduce the chances of losing the property, buyers should instruct conveyancing solicitors as soon as the property is reserved and mortgage applications should be submitted quickly. Due to the fact that it could be several months and even years between exchange of contracts and completion, the mortgage offer may need to be extended. It would be wise to use a lawyer who specialises in new build conveyancing especially if they are used to new build conveyancing in Caldicot or who has acted in the same development.

We are 14 days into a residential purchase having been directed to conveyancers by the selling agent to do our conveyancing in Caldicot. I am am very frustrated with the quality of service. Could you help me find new lawyers?

They would have to be really bad to suggest changing them. Has the mortgage been generated? In the event that it has you must inform them of the new contact details and ensure the mortgage documents are re-sent. Your conveyancer should be on the banks approved list to avoid supplemental expenses and frustration. That should be your first question of the new conveyancers. Our search tool can help you find a lender approved lawyer for your home move in Caldicot

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.