Find a Gloucestershire Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Gloucestershire? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Gloucestershire transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Gloucestershire conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Gloucestershire

I went with a local firm for my conveyancing in Gloucestershire recently. Looking through the Ts and Cs I noteI am on the hook for fees even if the dealfalls through. Would I be best advised to select an internet conveyancing brokerage promoting no-sale-no-fee conveyancing in Gloucestershire?

Generally there is a compromise along the lines that if "No Sale No Fee" is offered then the fee levels will generally be more expensive to counteract the cases that do not proceed. Do bear in mind that these offerings generally do not cover outlay such as Gloucestershire conveyancing search costs.

I am a sole trader intending to take an assignment of a lease of an office on a shopping parade. Can you recommend solicitors offering no-move-no fees for commercial conveyancing in Gloucestershire for less than £2000?

We can recommend firms who host a wealth of experience of commercial conveyancing in Gloucestershire, including the sale and acquisition of businesses as well as simply property. Whether you are intending to purchase or dispose of a shop, pub, restaurant, office, retail unit or a whole business we can find you the right lawyer. As for the costs these will vary based on the structure and heads of terms of the proposed transaction. Let us have your details or phone so as to enable us to provide you with comprehensive commercial conveyancing calculation.

As co-executor for the estate of my father I am disposing of a residence in Cardiff but live in Gloucestershire. My conveyancer (approximately 300 kilometers from mehas requested that I execute a statutory declaration prior to the transaction finalising. Could you suggest a conveyancing solicitor in Gloucestershire who can witness and place their company stamp on the document?

strictly speaking you should not need to have the documents witnessed by a conveyancing solicitor. Ordinarily any notary public or solicitor will suffice regardless of whether they are Gloucestershire based

In relation to leasehold conveyancing in Gloucestershire what are the most frequent lease defects?

There is nothing unique about leasehold conveyancing in Gloucestershire. Most leases are individual and legal mistakes in the legal wording can sometimes mean that certain sections are not included. The following missing provisions could result in a defective lease:

    A duty to insure the building

You could have a problem when selling your property if you have a defective lease primarily because it impacts on the ability to obtain a mortgage on the property. Santander, Barnsley Building Society, and Godiva Mortgages Ltd all have express requirements when it comes to what is expected in a lease. If a mortgage lender believes that the lease is problematic they may refuse to grant the mortgage, obliging the purchaser to pull out.

I inherited a studio flat in Gloucestershire, conveyancing was carried out half a dozen years ago. Can you give me give me an indication of the likely cost of a lease extension? Equivalent properties in Gloucestershire with a long lease are worth £195,000. The ground rent is £45 levied per year. The lease expires on 21st October 2082

With just 63 years left to run we estimate the price of your lease extension to be between £16,200 and £18,600 plus legals.

The figure that we have given is a general guide to costs for extending a lease, but we cannot give you a more accurate figure in the absence of comprehensive investigations. You should not use the figures in a Notice of Claim or as an informal offer. There may be additional concerns that need to be considered and clearly you should be as accurate as possible in your negotiations. Neither should you move forward based on this information without first getting professional advice.

We are seeking to buy a repression flat in Gloucestershire and the bank selling would like to complete within a week. Can a conveyancing practitioner meet that timeframe? Am I best advised to select a local Gloucestershire firm or an online firm that professes to offer speedy conveyancing?

Attend your Gloucestershire shopping parade. Pop in to two or three companies and request to see a conveyancing solicitor for an estimate. Set out your situation and seek a commitment on time frames. Select the one that seems most genuine. Make sure to use a solicitor on the panel of property lawyers who can act for your lender.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.