Find a Winterbourne Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Winterbourne? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Winterbourne conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Winterbourne conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Winterbourne

Is there a reason to instruct a Winterbourne conveyancing solicitors firm when national alternatives are more affordable?

To take your time to find compare conveyancing costs in Winterbourne and you should seek an affordable quote but don’t waste your energy sourcing the cheapest Winterbourne conveyancer. Appointing the right conveyancer can mark the difference between a smooth and a stressful home move. It is important that you ensure that you have expert advice from an experienced conveyancer. An e-mail can never replace a phone call and are no substitute for a one to one consultation. The firms that we work with will allocate you a qualified and trusted conveyancing solicitor who can deal with your conveyancing from from the outset to completion, providing a level of hand holding that you will never get with an internet conveyancer. Our lawyers will update you on any developments and keep you informed. Should you need to call the firm you will know who to ask for and we'll be sure you are kept fully informed.

My conveyancer has discovered a a problem with the lease for the property we are purchasing in Winterbourne. The other side have offered title insurance as a solution. We are content with insurance and will cover the costs. Our conveyancer has advised that he must be satisfied that the lender is happy with this solution. Who is the client here, us or the lender?

The short answer to your last question is that, notwithstanding the potential for a conflict of interest, you and the bank are the client. Your conveyancer must comply with the UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook provisions. The UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook conditions require your lawyer to disclose issues such as defects with the lease so that the bank can be afforded the opportunity to check with their valuer as to the extent that the value of the property is affected. Should you refuse to allow your lawyer to make the appropriate notification then your conveyancer will have no choice but to discontinue acting for you.

Can I use your services to recommend a Conveyancing solicitor in Winterbourne even if I’m not buying or selling a house, for instance if I want to acquire a shop in Winterbourne with a loan from The Mortgage Works?

Our comparison service is primarily used to select domestic conveyancing solicitors in Winterbourne but we have listed towards the bottom of this page a selection of Winterbourne commercial conveyancing firms. You should speak with the company directly to establish if they can also act for The Mortgage Works

My Conveyancer in Winterbourne is not listed on the Aldermore Conveyancing Panel. Is it possible for me to use my family solicitor even though they are not on the Aldermore approved list?

The limited options open to you here include:

  1. Carry on with your existing Winterbourne lawyers but Aldermore will need to retain a conveyancer on their list of acceptable firms. This will result in additional overall legal fees and result in delays.
  2. Find a new solicitor to act in the conveyancing, remembering to check they are Aldermore approved.
  3. Persuade your Aldermore solicitor to try to join the Aldermore panel

In searching the web for the phrase conveyancing in Winterbourne it reveals numerous conveyancersin the vicinity. How do I determine which is the suitable conveyancer for purchase transaction?

The ideal way of seeking a suitable conveyancer is through a trusted testimonial, so ask colleagues and those you trust who have bought a property in Winterbourne or a reputable estate agent or mortgage broker. Fees for conveyancing in Winterbourne vary, so it's sensible to request at least four estimates from different companies. Be sure to obtain confirmation that the fees are fixed.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.