Find a Wolston Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Wolston? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Wolston conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Wolston conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Wolston

I have given 8 weeks notice to my existing landlord and must be out of my rented flat in Wolston by the end of next month. Conveyancing on my purchase is progressing. How realistic is it to complete in six weeks as I wish to avoid having to move into temporary accommodation?

It is unwise to serve notice on a rental until your lawyer suggests that you should. Assuming that you have not already done so, notify to your lawyer and request that they cajole the sellers side, try to an agreed time frame that everyone will look to achieve

Can I use your services to locate a Conveyancing solicitor in Wolston even where I’m not buying or disposing of a house, for instance where I wish to acquire a shop in Wolston with a mortgage from Nottingham Building Society?

Our comparison service is primarily utilised to help choose domestic conveyancing solicitors in Wolston but we have listed towards the end of this page some Wolston commercial conveyancing firms. You should speak with the firm directly to see if they can also act for Nottingham Building Society

How do I find out if the solicitor carrying out my conveyancing in Wolston is on the bank’sapproved panel? I am looking to avoid the situation of having one lawyer for me and one for Norwich and Peterborough Building Society thus paying £192.00 in further conveyancing bill.

You should take advantage of the search tool on this page. Please choose the lender and type ‘Wolston’ or your preferred area and you will see a number of lawyer offices in Wolston or near you.

We previously appointed conveyancing lawyers locally in Wolston on the Coventry BS solicitor panel. They have just invoiced me a supplemental fee for dealing with the Coventry BS mortgage. Is this an additional conveyancing fee set by Coventry BS?

Provided it is contained in their Terms and Conditions or estimate then yes your solicitor may levy a fee for this. This fee is not dictated by Coventry BS but by your Wolston property lawyer. Numerous firms on the Coventry BS panel will levy an ‘acting for lender’ fee and others do not.

I recently had an offer agreed on a house in Wolston. My financial adviser pressured me to appoint their lawyer. I paid an advanced payment of £200. A couple of days later, the solicitor called me sheepishly admitting that they were not on the HSBC conveyancing panel. Am I right in thinking that I should be due a refund?

You should be able to recover this from the law firm if they were not on the HSBC panel. They should have asked at the outset which lender you were obtaining a mortgage with. An important lesson to readers of this site is to check that the lawyers are on the appropriate lender panel.

Having read lots of house buying guides, I note that they all recommend that you should get your house surveyed prior to buying it. When I asked my local Wolston solicitor - who is on the Aldermore conveyancing panel - on this she said they don't do this and I need to contract an independent surveyor. Is that normal?

Aldermore will need an independent valuation of the property. Your lawyer will not arrange this. Usually Aldermore will appoint their own surveyor to do this, and you will have to pay for it. Remember that this is a valuation for mortgage purposes and not a survey. You may wish to consider appointing your own Wolston surveyor to carry out a survey or prepare a home buyers report on the property. It is up to you to satisfy yourself that the property is structurally sound before you buy it. If the survey or report reveals that building work is needed, you should tell your solicitor. You may wish to renegotiate with the seller.

Completion is due on the disposal of our £450,000 flat in Wolston in just under a week. The management company has quoted £324 for Landlord’s certificate, building insurance schedule and previous years statements of service charge. Is it legal for a freeholder to charge such fees for a leasehold conveyance in Wolston?

Wolston conveyancing on leasehold flats normally requires the purchaser’s lawyer sending enquiries for the landlord to answer. Although the landlord is under no legal obligation to address such questions most will be willing to assist. They may invoice a reasonable administration fee for answering enquiries or supplying documentation. There is no set fee. The average fee for the paperwork that you are referring to is £350, in some transactions it exceeds £800. The administration charge invoiced by the landlord must be accompanied by a synopsis of rights and obligations in respect of administration charges, without which the invoice is not strictly payable. Reality however dictates that one has no choice but to pay whatever is demanded should you wish to complete the sale of your home.

I inherited a leasehold flat in Wolston, conveyancing formalities finalised in 1997. How much will my lease extension cost? Similar flats in Wolston with an extended lease are worth £227,000. The average or mid-range amount of ground rent is £50 levied per year. The lease runs out on 21st October 2091

With only 72 years left to run we estimate the price of your lease extension to span between £9,500 and £11,000 plus professional fees.

The suggested premium range that we have given is a general guide to costs for extending a lease, but we cannot give you the actual costs in the absence of detailed due diligence. Do not use this information in tribunal or court proceedings. There may be additional issues that need to be considered and clearly you should be as accurate as possible in your negotiations. You should not take any other action placing reliance on this information without first seeking the advice of a professional.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.