Find a Cambridgeshire Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Cambridgeshire? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Cambridgeshire transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Cambridgeshire conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Cambridgeshire

What advice do you have for sourcing freehold conveyancing in Cambridgeshire?

Option 1 is to ask your friends and family who they experienced using in the past and if they were happy with the service.

Second, use a comparison service on the web for conveyancing in Cambridgeshire. Call two or three from the list and request that they send you their conveyancing estimate and speak to the lawyer who will conduct your conveyancing ahead ofmaking your decision.

Third is to use our search tool to assist you in finding the right solicitors taking into account your personal expectations including the type of property,timings, complications and who the proposed lender is. Resist the temptation to opt for £100 conveyancing in Cambridgeshire

We are due to complete on the purchase of a house in Cambridgeshire but as a consequence of damage from a small fire at the property I have was able negotiate recompense from the seller in the sum of three thousand pounds taking the form of a deduction in the price. This was going to be dealt with as part of the conveyancing process however Clydesdale are not allowing this. Should they have been informed?

Your solicitor that is on a Clydesdale approved list is required to inform Clydesdale of any variations to the sale price. If you were to refuse your conveyancer to report the reduction to Clydesdale then they would have to discontinue acting for you. In addition, Clydesdale and you would have to appoint a new property lawyer for your conveyancing in Cambridgeshire.

I have been on the look out for a flat up to £235,500 and found one close by in Cambridgeshire I like with open areas and railway links in the vicinity, the downside is that it's only got 51 years unexpired on the lease. There is not much else in Cambridgeshire for this price, so just wondered if I would be making a mistake purchasing a short lease?

Should you require a mortgage the shortness of the lease will likely be a potential deal breaker. Discount the offer by the anticipated lease extension will cost if not already taken into account. If the existing owner has owned the property for a minimum of 2 years you can ask them to commence the lease extension formalities and pass it to you. You can add 90 years to the current lease term with a zero ground rent applied. You should consult your conveyancing lawyer regarding this.

Due to complete next month on a garden flat in Cambridgeshire. Conveyancing lawyers have said that they are sending me a report on Monday. Are there areas in the report that I should be focusing on?

The report on title for your leasehold conveyancing in Cambridgeshire should include some of the following:

    You should be sent a copy of the lease The unexpired lease term. You should receive guidance as what happens when the lease expires, and aware of the importance of not letting the lease term falling below eighty years if lease provides for a slush fund? You should know if the lease allows you to change or improve aspects of the flat- you must be made aware as to whether it relates to all alterations or limited to structural alteration, and whether permission is mandated necessary Whether the lease restricts you from subletting the flat, or having a home office for business
For a comprehensive list of information to be included in your report on your leasehold property in Cambridgeshire please enquire of your solicitor in advance of your conveyancing in Cambridgeshire.

I own a 1 bedroom flat in Cambridgeshire, conveyancing having been completed 5 years ago. Can you let me have an estimated range of the fair premium for a lease extension? Equivalent flats in Cambridgeshire with over 90 years remaining are worth £195,000. The ground rent is £45 levied per year. The lease ends on 21st October 2083

With 63 years unexpired we estimate the premium for your lease extension to be between £16,200 and £18,600 plus professional fees.

The figure that we have given is a general guide to costs for renewing a lease, but we cannot give you the actual costs in the absence of comprehensive investigations. Do not use the figures in tribunal or court proceedings. There may be other issues that need to be considered and you obviously want to be as accurate as possible in your negotiations. Neither should you move forward placing reliance on this information before seeking the advice of a professional.

Our conveyancing in Cambridgeshire completes next Friday, but the people I am purchasing off has asked to move out 24 hours later at PM. Should I agree to this?

If you are having a bank loan then your solicitor will insist that you have vacant possession on Friday - the bank will insist on it.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.