Find a Grays Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Grays? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Grays home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Grays conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Grays

My fiance’s sister is a solicitor. I expect that I will receive mate’s fee for conveyancing, but if not, what level of figure would I typically be looking at for conveyancing in Grays?

It’s advisable to obtain multiple conveyancing estimates. Make use of our search tool on this site. Whilst charges seem to contrast greatly but the service one can expect are distinct between property lawyers as is the case with the vast majority of professional services.

I am thinking of mortgaging my house in Grays, does my lawyer have to be on the HSBC Solicitor panel?

In theory, you could use a solicitor that is not on the HSBC conveyancing panel, but HSBC would require one of their panel solicitors to be instructed to act in their interests, and you'd have to pay for this - so most people instruct a panel solicitor. It's also easier, as otherwise you'd have to deal with two solicitors for the same transaction.

I am assisting my mother sell her property in Grays. Will the conveyancer arrange an energy performance certificate or do I organise this?

After the abolition of Home Packs, energy performance certificates was retained a mandatory element of moving house. An EPC needs to be commissioned in advance of the property being placed on the market. It is not something that conveyancers normally organise. If you are instructing a Grays conveyancing solicitor they may be willing to arrange energy assessments due to their relationships with reputable local accredited person

My bid for a property was accepted at auction in Grays. Conveyancing is required. What happens now?

Now that you are to in every practical sense signed on the dotted line you now have to retain a conveyancing solicitor quickly as you will have a fast approaching a fixed date to complete the property. An auction property will have an associated auction set of papers. This will likely include the copy title deeds, local authority and drainage searches. Where you are dealing with leasehold property the auction pack should contain a copy of the lease, management information and a sellers leasehold information form and associated conveyancing documentation specific to leasehold premises. You must give this to your appointed conveyancing solicitor ASAP. You also need to ensure that you have funds in order to complete the transaction on the set completion date.

I am purchasing a property in Grays. A rare aspect is that the roof has a solar panel. Kent Reliance have issued a mortgage offer so presumably this is not a concern to them. Why is my solicitor raising questions about the panel?

Given that your lender is Kent Reliance your lawyer must comply with the conveyancing instructions set out in Part two of UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook for Kent Reliance. The CML Handbook sets out minimum conditions for solar panel roof-space leases, and conveyancing practitioners are required to report to Kent Reliance where a lease fails to meet these conditions. The specifications relate to the installation of panels on properties nationwide and is not limited to Grays.

Despite weeks of looking the Title Certificate and documents to my house are lost. The lawyers who did the conveyancing in Grays 5 years ago are no longer around. What do I do?

As long as you have a registered title the information relating to your ownership will be retained by HMLR under a Title Number. It is possible to execute a search at the Land Registry, find your house and secure up to date copies of the Registered Entries for a small fee. If the title is Leasehold then the Land Registry will also normally hold a file duplicate of the Registered Lease and again, a copy can be obtained for twenty pounds.

I'm purchasing my first flat in Grays with the aid of help to buy. The developers refused to reduce the price so I negotiated five thousand pounds worth of fixtures and fittings instead. The estate agent suggested that I not disclose to my lawyer about this extras as it could impact my loan with The Mortgage Works. Is this normal?.

All lenders require a Disclosure of Incentives Form from the developer of any new build, converted or renovated property, It is available online from the Lenders’ Handbook page on the CML website. CML form is completed and handed to the lender's surveyor when the inspection is done.

Lenders have different policies on incentives. Some accept none at all, cash or physical, while others will accept cash incentives up to 5%.

Hard to understand why the representative of a builder would be suggesting you withold information from a solicitor when all this will be clearly visible on forms the builder has to supply to its solicitor, the buyer's solicitor and the surveyor.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.