Find a South Cave Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in South Cave? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your South Cave home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised South Cave conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in South Cave

Why would I appoint a South Cave conveyancing firm given that internet based alternatives are cheap by comparison?

To take your time to find compare conveyancing costs in South Cave and you should seek a competitive estimate but don’t waste your energy searching for the cheapest South Cave conveyancer. Identifying the right conveyancer can be the distinction between a smooth and a frustrating home move. You need to ensure that you have expert advice from a specialist solicitor. Emails can't replace a telephone call and are no substitute for a face to face consultation. Our partner firms will find you a qualified and trusted conveyancing solicitor that will tackle your conveyancing from beginning to end, providing a level of hand holding that you rarely receive from an internet conveyancer. Our lawyers will contact you regularly to update you on headway and keep you informed. Should you need to call the office you will be sure who to ask for and they will be sure you are kept fully informed.

My brother and I have lately bought a house in South Cave. We have noticed several problems with the house which we consider were omitted in the conveyancing searches. Is there anything we can do? What searches should? have been ordered for conveyancing in South Cave?

The query is vague as what problems have arisen and if they are specific to conveyancing in South Cave. Conveyancing searches and investigations undertaken during the legal transfer of property are designed to help avoid problems. As part of the process, a seller answers a document called a SPIF. If the information turns out to be incorrect, you may have a misrepresentation claim against the seller for any losses that you have suffered. The survey should have identified any problems with the structure of the property. Assuming a detailed survey was carried out and the issues were not identified, you may have a claim against the surveyor. However, if you did not have a full survey, you may be responsible for fixing any defects that have now been noted. We would always encourage buyers to take every possible step to ensure they are completely aware of the condition of a property before purchase regardless of whether they are buying in South Cave.

Are there restrictive covenants that are commonly identified during conveyancing in South Cave?

Restrictive covenants can be picked up when reviewing land registry title as part of the legal transfer of property in South Cave. An 1874 stipulation that was seen was ‘The houses to be erected on the estate are each to be of a uniform elevation in accordance with the drawings to be prepared or approved by the vendor’s surveyor…’

Am I better off to appoint a South Cave conveyancing lawyer in close proximity to the house I am purchasing? An old friend can conduct the legal formalities but they are based 400kilometers away.

The primary upside of using a high street South Cave conveyancing practice is that you can attend the office to execute documents, present your identification documents and pester them where appropriate. Having local South Cave know how is a bonus. That being said nothing is more important than finding someone that will pull out all the stops for you. If you know people who used your friend and they were content that should trump using an unknown South Cave conveyancing lawyer just because they are round the corner.

Should one as executor remove a deceased person's name from the title register for a house in South Cave?

If a South Cave property is co-owned and one of the owners dies, their name will not automatically be removed from the Land Registry title. You are not required to remove their name as when it comes to a disposal you would simply be asked to supply proof as to the reason the other proprietor is missing from the transfer, ordinarily this is in the form of a grant of probate.

With a view to making things simpler in the future you may arrange to have the deceased person removed from the title by submitting an application to HM Land Registry with evidence of the death. There is no land registry fee payable.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.