Find a Stafford Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Stafford? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Stafford conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Stafford conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Stafford

I own a freehold premises in Stafford but nevertheless invoiced for rent, why is this and what is this?

It’s unusual for properties in Stafford and has limited impact for conveyancing in Stafford but some freehold properties in England (particularly common in North West England) pay an annual sum known as a Chief Rent or a Rentcharge to a third party who has no other legal interest in the land.

Rentcharge payments are usually between £2.00 and £5.00 per year. Rentcharges date back hundreds of years, but the Rent Charge Act 1977 barred the creation of new rentcharges from 1977 onwards.

Old rentcharges can now be extinguished by making a one off payment under the Act. Any rentcharges that are still in existence after 2037 will be extinguished.

My bank has recommended a law firm on their panel based in Stafford but I would rather instruct a conveyancing lawyer in Stafford local to me. Are you able to assist?

It is by no means the case that all Stafford conveyancing solicitors are approved and listed on all banks conveyancing panel. Use the above search tool to locate a Stafford conveyancing solicitor on the on the lender panel.

Have just purchased a probate house at auction in Stafford. Conveyancing is necessary. What happens now?

Given that you have now to in every practical sense signed on the dotted line you must choose a conveyancing practitioner as a matter of urgency as you are facing a fast approaching a drop dead date to complete the property. All auction property should have a corresponding legal pack. This should include most,if not all of the paperwork that your solicitor will need. Where you are dealing with leasehold premises the auction pack may contain a copy of the lease, management information and a sellers leasehold information form and other conveyancing paperwork pertinent to leasehold premises. You must pass this on to the solicitor working for you as soon as possible. You also need to ensure that that you have the requisite funding in place to complete on the on the contractual date .

We are getting a further advance on our home loan from TSB as we wish to conduct a loft conversion to our property in Stafford. Do we need to appoint a local Stafford solicitor on the TSB conveyancing panel to deal with the paperwork?

TSB do not ordinarily require firms on their conveyancing panel to deal with the formalities. If they do require any legal work then you would need to ensure that such a lawyer was on the TSB conveyancing panel.

About to purchase maisonette in Stafford. I have received an online quote from a licenced conveyancer, which states: "There will be no charge for dealing with the Lender if you are obtaining a mortgage". I take this to mean that there will be no additional fee if the solicitor is on the Yorkshire BS conveyancing panel. I wanted to make sure it means there will be no additional fees for dealing with the mortgage.

They are simply saying that the cost for acting for the lender is included in the fee being quoted. It is worth you checking that the Stafford lawyer is on the Yorkshire BS conveyancing panel.

Given that I will soon spend over three hundred thousand on a property in Stafford I wish to talk to a conveyancer regarding thehome move before appointing the firm. Is this something that you can arrange?

This is something that we recommend - we would be pleased to talk to you we do not take any clients on without you speaking to the lawyer who will be conducting your conveyancing in Stafford.There is no ‘factory style conveyancing’ - each client is unique person, not a file reference. The practices that we put you in touch with believe that the fees you are quoted for residential conveyancing in Stafford should be the amount on the final invoice that you are charged.

How much experience do your Stafford conveyancing solicitors have with Help To Buy, Shared Equity and similar schemes?

Stafford conveyancing lawyers help thousands of people move home every year and supported lots of clients through the Help To Buy scheme. The chances are that whatever makes your case unique Stafford conveyancers have worked on recent similar cases.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.