Find a Burnham Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Burnham? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Burnham home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Burnham conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Burnham

Completed the sale of my flat in Burnham last July but the buyer keeps telephoning me complaining that her solicitor is waiting to hear from mine. What should my lawyer have done following completion?

After completion of your sale your solicitor is committed to send the transfer deeds and all of the paperwork to the purchaser's lawyers. If applicable, your lawyer should also evidence that the legal charge in favour of the lender has been discharged to the buyers lawyers. There is unlikely to be post completion formalities peculiar conveyancing in Burnham.

My apartment in Burnham is up for sale and I have a purchaser. Will the solicitor need to be on the Skipton conveyancing panel in order to deal with repayment of my mortgage?

Ordinarily, even if your lawyer is not on the Skipton conveyancing panel they can still act for you on your sale. It might be that the lender will not release the original deeds (if applicable and increasingly irrelevant) until after the mortgage is paid off. You should speak to your lawyer directly before you start the process though to ensure that there is no problem as lenders are changing their specifications fairly frequently currently.

Are all Burnham Conveyancing Quality Solicitors on the Yorkshire BS conveyancing panel?

A selection of lenders now make use of the accreditation scheme as the starting point for Panel approval such as HSBC and Santander. CQS membership however is no guarantee to lender panel acceptance. That being said,the CML have indicated that it is likely to become a pre-requisite for solicitor practices wishing to join their panels.

My offer was accepted on a property in Burnham on 27/9/2022, valuation was booked five days later, received a clean bill of health. Conveyancer instructed, so all that was missing was my mortgage offer. Having made daily calls to Yorkshire BS and chasing them on my offer, I have now been told that my offer will not be issued unless the lawyer is on the Yorkshire BS conveyancing panel. Are Yorkshire BS entitled to hold back the Mortgage pending the lawyer being on the approved list?

A lender would not issue an offer until they have details of a lawyer on their panel. It can take a few weeks for Yorkshire BS to deal with your lawyer's application to be on the Yorkshire BS conveyancing panel. There's no guarantee that your solicitor will be accepted.

Our offer on a semi in Burnham has been agreed to, but there is a chain. The vendors have placed an offer on a property, but it’s not yet agreed to, and have viewings of other properties in the pipeline. I have instructed a bricks and mortar conveyancing solicitor in Burnham. What should be my next step? When should I get the mortgage application with Lloyds going?

It is understandable to have anxieties where there is a chain as you are unlikely to want to be too out of pocket too early (home loan application is in the region of one thousand pounds, then valuation, Burnham conveyancing search costs, etc). The first thing to do is ensure that your lawyer is on the Lloyds approved list. As to the subsequent stages this very much dictated by the circumstances of your case, desire for this property and on the state of the market. During a buoyant market the majority of purchasers would apply for the mortgage with Lloyds and pay for the valuation and only if it was satisfactory would they ask their property lawyer to proceed with the conveyancing in Burnham.

Is it necessary to pay for insurance to cover chancel repairs when buying a property in Burnham?

Unless a prior purchase of the house completed after 12 October 2013 you can assume that solicitors handling conveyancing in Burnham to continue to suggest a chancel search and or chancel repair liability insurance.

I am looking into buying my first house which is in Burnham and I am already nervous. I couldn't find anything specific about Burnham. Conveyancing will be needed in due course but do you know about the Burnham area? or perhaps some other tips you can share?

Rather than looking online forget looking online you should go and have a look at Burnham. In the meantime here are some basic statistics that we found

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.