Find a Cippenham Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Cippenham? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Cippenham home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Cippenham conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Cippenham

We note that you have a post code search directory listing law firms on the RBS conveyancing panel. Do companies pay you a referral fee if I instruct them for our conveyancing in Cippenham?

We are a listing service only for law firms wishing to communicate if they are on the RBS conveyancing panel or other lender panels. We do not charge referral fees to any conveyancer that you subsequently appoint for your conveyancing in Cippenham.

My husband and I are hoping to buy a 3 bedroom apartment in Cippenham with a loan from Birmingham Midshires.We have a Cippenham conveyancing practitioner but Birmingham Midshires informed us she’s not on their "panel". It seems we are left with little choice but to instruct a Birmingham Midshires panel firm or keep our preferred solicitor and fork out for a Birmingham Midshires panel lawyer to represent them. We feel as though this is unjust; is there anything we can do?

No, not really. The home loan issued to you is subject to its terms and conditions, a common one being that solicitors needs to be on the Birmingham Midshires conveyancing panel. Until recently, most lenders had large numbers of law firms on their panels: a borrower could find one for themselves, as long as it was on the lender's panel. The lender would then simply instruct the borrower's lawyers to act for the lender, too. You can use your lender's panel lawyers or you could borrow from another lender which does not restrict your choice. Another option that might be available is for your lawyer to apply to be on the conveyancing panel for Birmingham Midshires

Due to the input of my in-laws I had a survey completed on a house in Cippenham in advance of instructing conveyancers. I have been told that there is a flying freehold aspect to the house. Our surveyor advised that some mortgage companies tend not give a mortgage on such a property.

It depends who your proposed lender is. Bank of Scotland has different requirements from Halifax. If you contact us we can check with the appropriate mortgage company. If you lender is happy to lend one our lawyers can assist as they are used to dealing with flying freeholds in Cippenham. Conveyancing can be more complicated and therefore you should check with your conveyancing solicitor in Cippenham to see if the conveyancing costs will increase in light of this.

My husband and I are new to the buying process - had an offer accepted, but the selling agent told us that the seller will only move forward if we appoint their chosen lawyers as they need a ‘quick sale’. We would rather use a high street solicitor accustomed to conveyancing in Cippenham

It is improbable the owners are behind this. Should the owner desire ‘a quick sale', turning down a serious purchaser is is going to put the whole deal at risk. Avoid the agents and go straight to the owners and make the point that (a)you are keen to buy (b)you are ready to go, with finances arranged © you have nothing to sell (d) you intend to proceed fast (e)but you intend to appoint your preferred Cippenham conveyancing solicitors - not the ones that will give their negotiator at the agency a referral fee or hit his conveyancing targets set by senior management.

How does one as executor remove a deceased person's details from the title register for a property in Cippenham?

If a Cippenham property is jointly owned and one of the proprietors dies, their name will not immediately be removed from the title deeds. It is not necessary to amend the title as in the event of a disposal you would simply be asked to supply proof why the co proprietor is not included in the transfer, such as a grant of probate.

With the aim of making things smoother in the future you can arrange to have the deceased person removed from the title entries by applying to the land registry with evidence of the death. There is no charge from the Registry for this service.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.