Find a Ottershaw Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Ottershaw? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Ottershaw transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Ottershaw conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Ottershaw

I have been advised by my conveyancer that lack of building regulations insurance is needed on my purchase. What is the level of cover for Ottershaw conveyancing?

The appropriate level of lack of building regulations indemnity insurance depends on who your lender is. It would differ for example between Santander and Barnsley Building Society. Conveyancing solicitors as opposed to borrowers take out such insurances.

My fiancee and I are in the throws of looking at apartments in Ottershaw and I am about to put in an offer. Is it advisable to have a conveyancing practitioner on ‘stand by’? I will be getting a home loan with Nationwide.

You should start obtaining conveyancing estimates from solicitors ASAP. After you have chosen your lawyer and once your offer is accepted you can instruct them to work for you and forward their contact information on to the estate agent. Given that you are getting a mortgage with Nationwide, ask your prospective lawyers if they are on the Nationwide conveyancing panel otherwise they can't do the mortgage legal work.

Having read lots of house buying guides, I note that it is considered advisable to get your house surveyed prior to buying it. When I asked my local Ottershaw solicitor - who is on the Santander conveyancing panel - on this she said they don't do this and I need to contract an independent surveyor. is that correct?

Santander will need an independent valuation of the property. Your lawyer will not arrange this. Usually Santander will appoint their own surveyor to do this, and you will have to pay for it. Remember that this is a valuation for mortgage purposes and not a survey. You may wish to consider appointing your own Ottershaw surveyor to carry out a survey or prepare a home buyers report on the property. It is up to you to satisfy yourself that the property is structurally sound before you buy it. If the survey or report reveals that building work is needed, you should tell your solicitor. You may wish to renegotiate with the seller.

A relative suggested that if I am buying in Ottershaw I should carry out a Neighbourhood, Planning and Local Amenity Search. Can you explain what the purpose of this search is?

A search of this type is sometimes included in the estimate for your Ottershaw conveyancing searches. It is not a small report of about 40 pages, listing and setting out important information about Ottershaw around the property and the people living there. It incorporates an Aerial Photograph, Planning Applications, Land Use, Mobile Phone Masts, Rights of Way, the local Housing Market, Council Tax Banding, the demographics of People living in the area, the dominant type of Housing, the Average Property Price, Crime details, Local Education with maps and statistics, Local Amenities and other useful information regarding Ottershaw.

Have completed on a a detached house in Ottershaw , how long should it take for the Land Registry to record the transfer to my name? My Ottershaw conveyancing solicitor works at snail pace, so I want to be sure the registration is addressed.

As far as conveyancing in Ottershaw registration is no quicker or slower than anywhere else in the country. As opposed to being determined by geographic area, timeframes can vary depending on who lodges the application, whether it is in order and if the Land registry communicate with any third parties. At present in the region of 80% of such applications are completed in less than three weeks but occasionally there can be longer delays. Historically registration occurs once the purchaser is living at the premises thus an expedited registration is not always an essential issue but if there is a degree of urgency associated with the registration then you or your lawyers could communicate with the Registry to express the reasoning for an expedited registration.

I am using a search engine for the phrase conveyancing in Ottershaw it reveals numerous solicitorsin the area. With so much choice what is the best way to find the right conveyancer for purchase transaction?

The preferential method of seeking a suitable conveyancer is via trusted testimonial, so ask friends and family who have acquired a property in Ottershaw or the respected estate agent or financial adviser. Costs for conveyancing in Ottershaw vary, so it's a good idea to obtain a minimum of three fee calculations from varying types of companies. Make sure that you clarify that the fees are fixed.

I am buying a house mortgage free. My solicitor has been supplied with with two distinct forms of photographic ID, bank statement, endless utility bills. Now he wants a copy from a probate lawyer acknowledging that the money is legitimate and that it has come from inheritance and not dealing E's in Ibiza.

For some years now requires conveyancing solicitors as well as banks, building societies and other financial institutes to obtain satisfactory evidence of the identity of the client. This is because solicitors who deal with money and property on behalf of their clients can be used by criminals wishing to launder money. In order to comply with the law of money laundering, your Ottershaw conveyancing lawyer will need to obtain evidence of your identity as as well as make sure that your funds are legitimate.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.