Find a Knaphill Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Knaphill? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Knaphill transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Knaphill conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Knaphill

My husband and I are hoping to acquire a property in Knaphill and are in fact using a Knaphill conveyancing firm. Within the past 48 hours our lawyer has sent a preliminary report and documents to look through in anticipation of exchanging contracts shortly. Yorkshire Building Society have this afternoon contacted us to advise us that there is now an issue as our Knaphill conveyancer is not on their approved list of lawyers. What do we do from here?

If you are buying a property needing a mortgage it is usual for the purchasers' solicitors to also represent the purchaser's lender. In order to act for a bank or building society a law firm has to be on that lender's conveyancing panel. An application has to be made by the law firm to the lender to become a member of the lender's panel and there are increasingly strict criteria which the firm has to satisfy and indeed some lenders now require their panel members to be part of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Accreditation Scheme. Your property lawyer should contact your mortgage company and see if they can apply for membership of their conveyancing panel, but if that is not viable they will instruct their own solicitors to act. You are not legally obliged to appoint a law firm on the bank's conveyancing panel as you are at liberty to use your preferred Knaphill lawyers, in which case it will likely add costs, and it will likely delay the transaction as you have another set of people involved.

We are a couple about to exchange contracts for a property in Knaphill. We have hit a stumbling block. Our mortgage offer with Halifax runs out on 23/9/2019 but the vendors are insisting on a completion date of 25/9/2019. Is it possible to extend the mortgage offer?

The best person to address this issue is your solicitors who will hopefully calculate whether they better off negotiating with the mortgage company, owner’s conveyancers, estate agents or conceivably all parties given the history of your house move to date.

Me and my brother have a renovated Georgian house in Knaphill. Conveyancing lawyer acted for me and Godiva Mortgages Ltd. I did a free Land Registry search last week and I saw two entries: the first freehold, another for leasehold under the matching address. If a house is not a freehold shouldn't I have been informed?

You need to review the Freehold register you have again and check the Charges Register for mention of a lease. The best way to be sure that you are also the registered owner of the leasehold and freehold title as well is to check (£3). It is not completely unheard of in Knaphill and other areas of the country and poses no real issues for owners other than when they remortgage they have to account for both freehold and leasehold interests when dealing with buyers. You can also question the situation with your conveyancing lawyer who carried out the work.

The estate agent has sent us the confirmation of our purchase of a new build flat in Knaphill. Conveyancing is a frightening process at the best of times but I have never purchased a new build flat before. Can you give me some examples of some of the questions asked in new build legal work.

Here are examples of a few leasehold new build enquiries that you can expect your new-build leasehold conveyancing in Knaphill

    There must be mutual enforceability of lessee’s covenants. If there are lifts in the building, please confirm that the owners of flats on the ground and basement floors will not be required to contribute towards the cost of maintenance and renewal. Where service of notices and proceedings can be at the property demised please confirm that this can be amended to include simultaneous services at the Lessees’ solicitors’ offices where the Lessee from time to time is not resident in the UK - such solicitors may be varied by notice in writing to the Landlord from time to time but otherwise will be as previously specified. The Lease must contain a provision on behalf of the Vendor to pay the service charges in respect of unoccupied units in order to ensure that all services can be provided. The Vendor must covenant to keep unoccupied units in good repair until long leases are granted therefore.

What makes your site different to alternative online quote calculators for conveyancing in Knaphill?

At this site secure a conveyancing costs illustration via a Solicitor or Licensed Conveyancer that has a full understanding of the issues of your conveyancing in Knaphill. As opposed to estate agents and brokerage sites we do not have referral arrangements with solicitors. Some agents and online brokers 'recommend' solicitors that pays the most kickback, rather than the best value conveyancing in Knaphill

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.