Find a Chalfont St Peter Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Chalfont St Peter? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Chalfont St Peter transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Chalfont St Peter conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Chalfont St Peter

I was advised recently by my estate agent that my Chalfont St Peter the law firm I have appointed is not on the lender Solicitor panel. How can I check?

The best course of action for you to take is to contact your Chalfont St Peter conveyancer. You lawyer should advise you of the situation. Where they are not on the panel they may be able to suggest a Chalfont St Peter conveyancing firm that is on the approved list of lawyers for your mortgage company.

My partner and I are purchasing our first home. The conveyancing practitioner has messagedto ask if we would like to take out supplemental conveyancing searches. Frankly we in the dark as to what's recommended for conveyancing in Chalfont St Peter

The range of Chalfont St Peter conveyancing searches depends entirely on the property, the location, the likelihood of any of these risks, your familiarity of the locality and risks, your overall approach to risk. What is important is that you adequately understand what information the searches could provide. Then you can decide if you consider that you need that search. Should you be in doubt, ask the conveyancer to advise.

My wife and I have recently appointed a conveyancing solicitor in Chalfont St Peter. I I would like to check if they are accepted on the Halifax conveyancing panel. Could you advise?

You should phone your solicitor and ask them whether they are on the lender panel. Otherwise please call Halifax who may be able to assist.

Can I be sure that the Chalfont St Peter conveyancing solicitor on the Barclays panel is any good?

When it comes to conveyancing in Chalfont St Peter getting recommendations is a good starting point. Before you go ahead, check if they offer a no sale no fee offer. Also, you often get what you pay for - a firm which quotes more, will often provide a better service than one advertising the lowest fees. We would always advise that you speak with the solicitor handling your transaction.

My husband and I are spending time viewing houses in Chalfont St Peter and I am now considering a potential offer. Is it too early to have a solicitor in place? I am planning to take a home loan with Leeds Building Society.

It would be wise to instigate your search sooner rather than later. Once you decide who you want to use and once your offer is accepted you can instruct them to work for you and forward their contact information on to the selling agent. Given that you are getting a mortgage with Leeds Building Society, ask your prospective lawyers if they are on the Leeds Building Society conveyancing panel otherwise they can't do the mortgage legal work.

My offer on a detached house in Chalfont St Peter has been accepted, but there is a chain. The sellers have offered on a property, but it’s not yet tied up, and are looking at other properties in the pipeline. I have instructed a bricks and mortar conveyancing solicitor in Chalfont St Peter. What should be my next step? When do I get the mortgage application with Aldermore going?

It is normal to have apprehensions where there is a chain as you are unlikely to want to be too out of pocket prematurely (home loan application is approx £1k, then survey, Chalfont St Peter conveyancing search fees, etc). The first thing to do is check that your solicitor is on the Aldermore approved list. Regarding the next steps this very much depends on the uniqueness of your transaction, desire for this property and on the state of the market. During a hot market the majority of home buyers would apply for the mortgage with Aldermore and arrange for the valuation and only if it was satisfactory would they ask their property lawyer to press on with searches.

Yesterday I discovered that there is a flying freehold issue on a house I put an offer in a fortnight ago in what should have been a quick, no chain conveyancing. Chalfont St Peter is where the house is located. Can you shed any light on this issue?

Flying freeholds in Chalfont St Peter are rare but are more likely to exist in relation to terraced houses. Even though you don't necessarily need a conveyancing solicitor in Chalfont St Peter you must be sure that your lawyer goes through the deeds thoroughly. Your bank may require your conveyancing solicitor to take out an indemnity policy. Some of the more diligent conveyancing solicitors in Chalfont St Peter may decide that this is not enough and that the deeds be re-written to give you the most up to date legal protection. If so, the next door neighbour also had to sign up to the revised deeds.It is possible that your lender will not accept the situation so the sooner you find out the better. You should also check with your insurance broker as to whether they will insure a flying freehold residence.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.