Find a Clowne Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Clowne? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Clowne transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Clowne conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Clowne

My IFA requires my Clowne lawyer’ panel reference for the Lloyds conveyancing panel. How do I find this out. I have e-mailed my local Clowne office but they don't know it.

The sensible thing to do is ask for this information from your Clowne solicitor . Most Clowne conveyancing firms will retain a file or database of lender panel information which would include, if applicable, their conveyancing panel details for each lender.

My husband and I intend to purchase a 3 bedroom flat in Clowne with a mortgage from Platform Home Loans Ltd.We would like to retain our Clowne conveyancing solicitor but Platform Home Loans Ltd informed us her practice is not listed on their approved list of firms. It seems we are left with little choice but to instruct a Platform Home Loans Ltd panel lawyer or keep our high street solicitor and pay for a Platform Home Loans Ltd panel lawyer to represent them. We feel as though this is unjust; Can we not simply insist that Platform Home Loans Ltd use our lawyer?

No, not really. The loan issued to you is subject to its various provisions, a common one being that conveyancers must be on the Platform Home Loans Ltd conveyancing panel. Until recently, most banks had large numbers of law firms on their panels: a borrower could choose one for themselves, as long as it was on the lender's panel. The lender would then simply instruct the borrower's lawyers to act for the lender, too. You can use your lender's panel lawyers or you could borrow from another lender which does not restrict your choice. Another option that might be available is for your solicitors to apply to be on the conveyancing panel for Platform Home Loans Ltd

Despite weeks of looking the Title Certificate and documents to my property are lost. The conveyancers who did the conveyancing in Clowne 5 years ago no longer exist. What are my next steps?

In today’s world there are copies made of almost everything, and your conveyancer will be aware precisely where to look for all the relevant documentation so you can purchase or sell your property without a hitch. If duplicates can’t be located, your conveyancer can arrange cover in the form of insurance or indemnities against future claims on the property.

Should I be suspicious that estate agents that I am dealing with are suggesting a factory type conveyancing firm as opposed to a local Clowne conveyancing practice?

As is the case with lots of service providers, often recommendations from relatives can be extremely useful or valuable. Yet there are numerous parties with a vested interest in a conveyancing transaction; estate agents, mortgage brokers and banks may put forward solicitors to select. On occasion these solicitors might be known to one of the organisations as being good in their field, but sometimes there may be a financial incentive behind the recommendation. You have the right to appoint your own conveyancer. You need to be aware that some banks specify a panel list of conveyancers you are obliged to use for the lender related work in your conveyancing.

I need to switch lawyers as my Clowne lawyer is not on the bank's approved list of conveyancing solicitors. Is it advisable to appoint a new law firm?

If you haven't yet appointed a solicitor to commence the conveyancing and at this stage simply received quotes, you're perfectly free to choose a different solicitor to carry out your work for you. The best way is to get recommendations from friends or family who have actually used the solicitor or conveyancer in Clowne that you're considering.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.