Find a Croxley Green Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Croxley Green? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Croxley Green transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Croxley Green conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Croxley Green

I have just started taking steps with a view to swapping over from my current homeowner mortgage to a Buy to Let Coventry Building Society mortgage. I was told by my mortgage that I must appoint a solicitor for this. I spoke to my past Croxley Green conveyancing firm who dealt with the legals when I initially bought the premises. The fee calculation sent of £450 plus VAT has surprised me as I am not require purchase conveyancing - it’s just a bog-standard refinance.

The estimate does seem a little overpriced. If you you were to look around you might decrease the fees slightly by as much as £125. That being said, if you were pleased with the assistance the firm provided you maycome to regret opting for an an untested conveyancer. If is important to check the conveyancer can act for Coventry Building Society. Do use our search tool to get a quote a Croxley Green conveyancing firm on the Coventry Building Society approved list of lawyers, which can often include conveyancing solicitors in Croxley Green.

My Croxley Green lawyer has identified an inconsistency between the surveyor’s assumptions in the home valuation survey and what is in the conveyancing documents. My lawyer has advised that he must ensure that the bank is OK with this discrepancy and is content to go ahead. Is my lawyer’s course or action legitimate?

Your property lawyer must comply with the UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook provisions which do require that your lawyer disclose any incorrect assumptions in the lender’s valuation report and the legal papers. Should you refuse to allow your lawyer to make the appropriate notification then your lawyer will have no choice but to discontinue acting for you.

The Croxley Green conveyancing lawyers that I appointed last week on my house acquisition in Croxley Green have suddenly shut down. I chose them because I had to have a firm on the Aldermore conveyancing panel and my previous Croxley Green lawyer was not. I paid them £170 in advance. What do I do now?

Assuming that you have an Estate Agent in the equation then inform them immediately so that they advise the vendors that there may be a slight delay due to the problems encountered. Hopefully they will be sympathetic and urge their lawyer to send a new set of papers to your new solicitors. You should appoint new lawyers that are on the Aldermore conveyancing panel and notify the lender. If you have paid over any money, it will hopefully be held by the SRA as money in an intervened firm's bank accounts is transferred to the SRA. Then, the SRA or the intervention agent looks at the intervened firm's accounts to work out who the money belongs to. To claim your money you will need to contact the SRA. If the SRA cannot return money you are owed from the firm's bank accounts, or if they can only return part of the money, you can apply to the Compensation Fund for a grant. Your new lawyers may be able to help.

Despite weeks of looking the Title Certificate and documents to our house can not be found. The solicitors who did the conveyancing in Croxley Green 10 years ago are no longer around. Will I be able to sell the house?

Gone are the days when you need to hold title deeds to establish that you own the land or property, given that the Land Registry hold details of all registered land or property electronically.

I have been on the look out for a ground for flat up to £245,000 and identified one near me in Croxley Green I like with a park and station in the vicinity, however it's only got 61 remaining years left on the lease. There is not much else in Croxley Green for this price, so just wondered if I would be making a mistake purchasing a lease with such few years left?

If you require a home loan the shortness of the lease will be a potential deal breaker. Discount the price by the anticipated lease extension will cost if not already taken into account. If the existing proprietor has owned the premises for a minimum of 2 years you can request that they start the process of the extension and then assign it to you. You can add 90 years to the current lease term with a zero ground rent applied. You should speak to your conveyancing lawyer regarding this.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.