Find a Sawbridgeworth Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Sawbridgeworth? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Sawbridgeworth transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Sawbridgeworth conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Sawbridgeworth

My brother-in-law has suggested I instruct a conveyancing solicitor in Sawbridgeworth. I I would like to check whether they are on the Alliance & Leicester conveyancing panel. Could you assist?

The first thing you should do is contact the solicitor and enquire whether they are on the lender panel. Alternatively please call Alliance & Leicester who may be able to help.

We have a mortgage agreed in principle with Yorkshire BS. Sawbridgeworth conveyancing lawyers are appointed. How long does it take for Yorkshire BS to issue the offer to the property lawyer?

Some lenders take longer than others. Have Yorkshire BS conducted the survey? Have you informed Yorkshire BS as to your lawyers' details and checked that your lawyers are on the Yorkshire BS conveyancing panel? It is not unusual for a mortgage offer to take a month to come through.

I am buying a property in Sawbridgeworth. A rare aspect is that the roof has a solar panel. Solicitors conducting should look into this right? Will my lender Coventry BS be concerned?

Given that you are obtaining a mortgage with Coventry BS your lawyer must check the formal requirements outlined in Part 2 of UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook for Coventry BS. The Council of Mortgage Lenders’ Handbook includes minimum requirements for solar panel roof-space leases, and solicitors are required to report to Coventry BS where a lease does not comply with these specifications. The requirements relate to the installation of panels on properties in England and Wales and is not isolated to Sawbridgeworth.

I have a mortgage with Lloyds for my property in Sawbridgeworth. Conveyancing has been completed months ago. In the event that I decide to rent out my property and do not currently have a buy-to-let mortgage do I need to remortgage to a BTL mortgage or inform Lloyds?

Your original mortgage agreement with Lloyds will provide that you need their approval in advance of renting your property as this is likely to be a breach of Lloyds’s mortgage conditions. It may be that Lloyds will permit you to let out your former home without needing to switch to a buy-to-let mortgage but some lenders will add a surcharge to your mortgage rate to reflect the higher risk. You should contact Lloyds directly. You need not do this via a Lloyds conveyancing panel lawyer.

I used Wolstenholmes a few years ago for my conveyancing in Sawbridgeworth. Now, I need my documents however cannot find the solicitor. What do I do?

You should contact the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) to help locate your conveyancing files. They can be contacted on please contact on 0870 606 2555. Alternatively, you should use their online form to make an enquiry. You will need to provide the SRA with as much information as possible to assist their search, including the name and address in Sawbridgeworth of the conveyancing firm of solicitors you previously used, the name of conveyancing solicitor with whom you had dealings, and the date on which you last had dealings with the firm.

I decided to have a survey done on a property in Sawbridgeworth ahead of retaining solicitors. I have been told that there is a flying freehold element to the house. The surveyor has said that some mortgage companies may not issue a mortgage on this type of home.

It depends who your proposed lender is. Bank of Scotland has different instructions from Halifax. If you contact us we can investigate further via the relevant bank. If you lender is happy to lend one our lawyers can help as they are accustomed to dealing with flying freeholds in Sawbridgeworth. Conveyancing can be more complicated and therefore you should check with your conveyancing solicitor in Sawbridgeworth to see if the conveyancing costs will increase in light of this.

In my capacity as executor for the will of my father I am selling a property in Swansea but live in Sawbridgeworth. My lawyer (approximately 200 kilometers awayneeds me to sign a statutory declaration ahead of completion. Could you suggest a conveyancing lawyer in Sawbridgeworth to attest this legal document for me?

Technically speaking you are unlikely to be required to have the documents attested by a conveyancing solicitor. Ordinarily or notary public or qualified solicitor will suffice regardless of whether they are located in Sawbridgeworth

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.