Find a Cheshire Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Cheshire? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Cheshire transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Cheshire conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Cheshire

Is there a search tool that I can use to investigate if the solicitor carrying out my conveyancing in Cheshire is on the lender’sapproved panel? I am looking to avoid the situation of having one lawyer for me and one for Birmingham Midshires thus spending £192.00 in another set of legal costs.

Please do make use of the search tool on this site. Pick the mortgage company and type ‘Cheshire’ or your preferred area and you will see numerous conveyancers located in Cheshire or by proximity to you.

My wife and I are intent on selling our property in Cheshire and the buyers lawyers are claiming that there is a risk of it being built land that was not decontaminated. A local lawyer would know this is not the case. For the life of me I don't know why the buyers are using a factory type conveyancing firm as opposed to a conveyancing solicitor in Cheshire. We have lived in Cheshire for three years we know that this is a non issue. Should we get in touch with our local Authority to obtain confirmation need.

It would appear that you have a conveyancing lawyer already. Are they able to advise? You need to check with your lawyer before you do anything. It is very possible that once the local authority has been informed of a potential issue it cannot be insured against (a bit like being diagnosed with a serious illness and then taking out life insurance to cover that same sickness)

I used Arc property Solicitors a few years past for my conveyancing in Cheshire. I now require my papers but the law firm has closed. What do I do?

Do call the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) to help locate your conveyancing files. They can be contacted on please contact on 0870 606 2555. Alternatively, you should use their online form to make an enquiry. You will need to provide the SRA with as much information as possible to assist their search, including the name and address in Cheshire of the conveyancing firm of solicitors you previously hired, the name of conveyancing solicitor with whom you had dealings, and the date on which you last had dealings with the firm.

Is it simple use the search tool to select a conveyancing lawyer in Cheshire on the approved list for my bank?

1st select a bank such as HSBC Bank, Coventry Building Society or Barclays Direct then type in your preferred area for example Cheshire. Conveyancing firms in Cheshire and further afield will then be shown.

Should I use a Cheshire conveyancing lawyer who is local to the property I am purchasing? I have an old university friend who can carry out the legal work but they are based approximately 350kilometers away.

The primary upside of using a local Cheshire conveyancing practice is that you can drop in to sign documents, present your ID and pester them if necessary. They will also have local knowledge which is a bonus. That being said it's more important to get someone that will do a good and efficient job. If you know people who instructed your friend and they were happy that must outweigh using an unknown Cheshire conveyancing solicitor solely due to them being Cheshire based.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.